Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Was out from 5-12 and started a Secretary and trolled to the trap.. Didn't see much action. Trolled back and hit 3 out front the Harbour. Down deep like Chero said.. Lots of boats off the tip of Sec. wondering if something was happening out there ?

Whirlbay and Church rock were hot. I got into 6 springs at 62 ft on spoons. Found they wanted a long lead behind the dummy started running my spoons 25 ft behind my flasher and the action started.

-KK

Scratched up 1 hatch and 1 wild off otter yesterday morning on the ebb. Both on bait @ 60 feet plus or minus. Both under 10 lbs. glass calm and sunshine. Grand day.

We fished Muir from 6 - 10 yesterday. Just one small one. Tried a variety of spoons and bait and depths. Not much bait visible or much on the sounder. But it was certainly a gorgeous day on the water.

We were also out last week and had more success. Released a beauty wild off of the trailers park. Lots more small ones and then finally a nice hatchery for the BBQ. All hits and fish were on the chartreuse coho killer, around 110 feet.

Fished Aldridge to the trap and back 6-11...Picked up one just under 10lb white spring ( weird don't get those usually this early)..Had a number of hits all very shallow 40-30ft... Nothing deeper.

Great day out there... No bait just trolling spoons and gear.

Fished 6-1 today started at secretary moved to sheringham got a 5 lbs moved to otter slow day only saw 2 other fish caught

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out for a quick fish in the new yak this am. Managed one just under the max. It was at 40 in 70, on rubber.

A banana! Maybe we need to think outside the box and bring bananas on board, the fish must like the scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished from 5-10 yesterday from Otter to Sheringham, three quick fish before 6.30 and then it shut off for us.Bait at 80-90 Ft. One 10 Lb Hatch and two releases. One stubby nice one over 20Lbs. Good Day Driller

Oh the agony! There are you guys getting a few fish already and here I am beached for the past month! These ongoing cascading electrical problems never seem to end and being a pessimist I think I will be sitting watching this glorious weather for at least two more weeks.....Ah well, such is life.....
Good luck to everyone and hope no one gets any of my misfortunes!!

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?27999-I-Command-readout-and-guages-dead

Fished yesterday 4:15am-11am 5 strikes and one 18 pound hatch in the box. All fish seemed to be high teens of better!

41 and 49ft on bait.

-KK

Someone stole my hali anchor system 2 days ago in front of the Sooke bluffs. Distinct yellow and black line...message me if you seen anyone take it...had to leave it due to an emergency. Thanks.
Salmon & Halibut fishing has been outstanding for weeks now!

Herd one of the top rods tubbed a 30 at the light yesterday morning. Some bigger ones starting to show!

Fished from 6-10, otter to sheringham, 5 to the boat, all released, morning show again, all action from 6-8. Spoon took the biggest, high twentys :), good action when it was on.... Good Day Driller

Wished I went to the light getting sick of releasing everything:mad: released a mid twenties and two fish low teens. Lost one. Everyone of them wild and out of slot limit. Slowed down later.

Fished From trap to Aldridge..All caught on spoons .....

BTW Big help to Hourston Boat" Krakin" for saving the day with lending the flashers... Just my luck get out on water and realize I didn't bring them!!@!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished from 6-10, otter to sheringham, 5 to the boat, all released, morning show again, all action from 6-8. Spoon took the biggest, high twentys :), good action when it was on.... Good Day Driller

Hey Driller did you found them all wild up west as well. Seems like this week the ratio has changed...Could not find any hatcheries...

Back