Silva fight last night

albernifisher

Anyone watch the Silva fight last night? just watched the highlights...omg allmost lost my coffee. Brutal leg break!!!

Well I admit I am old school... but I just cant see watching that crap. Inflicting pain on another human being is not something that I call "sport". Surely there must have been something better to do? No?

So which part is your fav??? Eye gouging? crotch stomping, shoulder dislocations???? broken bones .. Come on fess up WHEEE -- so much pain to wallow in. LOL

Yup-- Party Pooper is me

I watched it, the Rousey-Tate fight was killer ,But ya I don't think anyone saw that nasty leg break coming...hopefully he makes a full recovery but I don't see him stepping back in the octagon anytime soon.silvalegbreaker.jpg

I honestly don't think he will ever be back in the octagon, that was a career ender. All his future opponents would know his weakest link so to speak.

It always makes me chuckle how people will say MMA is too violent.....

They then turn on the hockey game...and....if there's no slam-bang brawl in it, they will say it's too boring.

Remember when that quarterback in the NFL got his shin snapped completely in two in a game a few years back?

They couldn't keep the cameras off it......

Hes done. 38yr old bones just dont fuse like they used to. Very sad.

I think the arm bar Rousey put on Tate in there first fight was one of the worst things ive seen happen but this was insane!

I have to say the weighins are my favorite part.:) Strip down and flex oh ya.

It always makes me chuckle how people will say MMA is too violent.....

They then turn on the hockey game...and....if there's no slam-bang brawl in it, they will say it's too boring.

Remember when that quarterback in the NFL got his shin snapped completely in two in a game a few years back?

They couldn't keep the cameras off it......

Yup! Joe Theisman. Washington Redskins. It was ugly!
Dave

36 month recovery after having pin put in place last night they said.

I think you mean a 3-6 month recovery rather than a 36 month recovery........no?

End of career methinks whichever way.

Take care.

Career ending I would say.... 3-6 months and the guy could be walking (3-6 months is what I've read)

But yeah, 3 years and he can get back in the ring.

anderson_silva_be_like_540.jpg

I've been through broken legs like this. Both femur's and left tib/fib. Not fun at all. He may fight again but probably for a nice paycheck and to see if he can still compete. He won't ever be the same.

I Don't agree, at 38 years old he would be crazy to risk a re-injury, he was the best of all time in his weight class, I think the spider will retire.

Great night of fights, never want to see a fighter with a serious long-term injury I think the ex-champ will be opening more gyms and making some good $ training up and coming fighters for the future. Seriously doubt he'd make another octagon debut. Anderson Silva has cracked ocular bones, ribs, etc on past opponents, odds of injury increase the longer their career. He made over 600k that night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back