Webbing "Spackling" Gelcoat as a finish?

Oscar162

Getting ready to lay the last coat of unwaxed gelcoat on the interior of my dbl eagle project... followed by a last coat of waxed. The floor will be getting EVA stuck on it... and I'm tossing some ideas around to finish the other areas. I like the idea of keeping a hard surface for ease of cleaning, and am considering spraying some black 'webbing' / 'spackle' in the final coat to give it some texture/break up the solid grey. This was the original finish.... Anyone have any experience applying, or any general feedback? Cheers, Oscar

Attachments

• hull.jpg
    hull.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 52
Getting ready to lay the last coat of unwaxed gelcoat on the interior of my dbl eagle project... followed by a last coat of waxed. The floor will be getting EVA stuck on it... and I'm tossing some ideas around to finish the other areas. I like the idea of keeping a hard surface for ease of cleaning, and am considering spraying some black 'webbing' / 'spackle' in the final coat to give it some texture/break up the solid grey. This was the original finish.... Anyone have any experience applying, or any general feedback? Cheers, Oscar
You can use a Binks 2100 spray gun for a spatter finish. It's expensive but maybe there's a knock-off. You need a pot or HVLP. Experiment on painted plywood or similar to get it right.

Back