Silva fight last night

I dont think he was a loud mouth but he had started to be a show boater. When youve proved your the best in the world over and over and have a guy whos been talking smack about you for months in front of you, losing to you I can see how guys could get a cocky and showboaty.

I think most people hated Rashad for the same reasons. I had a friend who played pro soccer, he said the guys say to each other on the field is crazy. You see people taunt and talk **** in most sports yet in fighting its you have to be humble or else your a dick. Everyone hates a show off but it gets under the other guys skin and can take him off his game which is why they do it. If they dont push the pace and all and play it safe and wait for the other guy is what annoys me.

Anderson Silva was and might still be a great fighter.

"Showboating"......actually that should read "attempt to psyche out the opponent"

I think Anderson took a page out of Muhammed Ali's book early on....and decided that "psyche out" was a big part of winning.

Many have done it before Silva.

I noticed when he lost, on the way into the dressing room Roy Jones Junior was there.

They appeared to be "buddies".

Roy Jones Jr. was also a big proponent of the "psyche out" and used it all the time... but it cost him against Carver.

In MMA.....Tito Ortiz was also a user of "headgames'

But "psyche-outs" only go so far..........

3-6 months recovery, training in 6-9 months the surgeon said in an article out today. I hope he comes back.
That's good.... I was just going on what the news guys reported more then once when it first happened and the day following. Going to be a career ender I'd think either way.

Back