Shrimping Telegraph Cove area

S

sandybar

Is worth bringing the shrimping gear and try my luck at shrimping. Are there any worthwhile areas in the Port McNiel to Telegraph Cove area.

Thanks

I dont know about shrimping but I know our chef seems to find prawns for dinner up there quite a bit.Dont know where he puts them but it must be in one of the many channels and passages near knight inlet.

Wolf

When I was at alder bay 2 years ago, there was 2 guys prawning outside telegraph cove and they did extremely well, I don't have precise locations but I beleive they were off the northern point of telegraph cove. Woth mentioning that the crabbing at the mouth of the nimpkish is really good.:)

Do you own a lodge at knight inlet Wolf? You have your own Chef.

Dont I wish no along with my own business I do guest guiding for a lodge called Coastal Springs Floatlodge been there now for 13 years not full time anymore just the odd week or 2 in and then home. alot easier than fulltime 16 hour days.

Wolf

Leave Telegraph. turn to Port, head for the log booms, or the wall, look for the other buoys,,, it is loaded with prawns, but sit and pull your traps every couple hours....you will be amazed!!!

Back