SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
half the preds are injured , ez pickins
nice to see the Laughs embarrassed , they showed ther fragile weaknesses ,
man handled...

Go Nucks Go
Lots off the Flames roster last night too, Michael Frolik, Juuso Valimaki, Michael Stone, Mikael Backlund and Mark Giordano. I'd say it was a pretty even field. Flames are finished with the Pred's for the regular season with a 2-1 record outscoring them 13-7. Includes one shut out.

Last edited:
half the preds are injured , ez pickins
nice to see the Laughs embarrassed , they showed ther fragile weaknesses ,
man handled...

Go Nucks Go
Coilers, 29 games, 32 pts, gf 81, ga 87 =-6, Leafs 30 games, 41 pts, gf 109,ga 84, +25, look whos laughing now :p

I could not be less happy then I am thus far this season. Poor management have them backed into a tight corner. But there's always a bright spot and today is one of them. Hawks vs. Habs, always entertaining. Hawks 4 Habs 2.;) eman

If ya have to ask that question , I guess you’re not a fan of quality hockey ,not a huge nuck fan personally , As far as the entertainment value goes I think they gave the fans a lot to cheer for from the Bertuzzi Naslund era right up to the recent Sedin retirement , plenty of playoffs , 2 finals appearances ? Money in the owners pockets ? **** , even i watched there playoff runs !

What have your Laughs done in 50 years ? Enlighten us -6 Coilers lol

If ya have to ask that question , I guess you’re not a fan of quality hockey ,not a huge nuck fan personally , As far as the entertainment value goes I think they gave the fans a lot to cheer for from the Bertuzzi Naslund era right up to the recent Sedin retirement , plenty of playoffs , 2 finals appearances ? Money in the owners pockets ? **** , even i watched there playoff runs !

Oohh touched a nerve have we, close counts for ****, nucks are a joke and your Coilers shat the bed BIGTIME last season. A little on edge as you will have nowhere to fish next year, don't jump the gun, we will be fishing next year....

They aren’t my team. I don’t have a team anymore.
I just see how talented they are right now and they are going to do well for the next few years at least.
I only really loved one canucks team and that was the Bure, Ronning, Trev and Kirk era. Don’t get me wrong I was still huge into it for the last cup debacle. Took a Ferry over at 07:00 to watch outside. After the riot/lockout I was just turned off.

One thing that the leafs have done for all those years is have die hard fans. Selling out year after year even when stinking it up.
As soon as the canucks had a bad few years, so many fans just up and left. I am one of them. Yes, I suck.

I still say Calgary fans are some of the best in the league. The sea of red jerseys in the playoffs is really something to behold.

Check this out:

There was a gigapixel camera at game 7 that took a shot of the crowd, and I and found myself. I’m the devilishly handsome guy with the flavour saver and the blue jersey. The second and third pics are panned out a bit then all the way. I also left before the rioting (after the second period) because I sensed it coming. Watched it on the ferry ride home. 87422D41-75C4-4D0A-AA51-2E11D50E8F36.png

71BF19B1-904C-4F81-8DED-74033F353532.png
00AC2D51-9AA9-434E-A9CD-845DB75FD60E.png

I will take it, baby steps but with fortunate puck luck as everything was going in. EP40 what can I say. Team defence again fought thru the pinching Blues but these afternoon games are challenging. The puck was bouncing or dying on the spot all over the place .Harlem Globetrotters had two games yesterday and then a next day noon hour game, result crap ice. With Lacrosse forthcoming at Rogers expect the same.
Just saying the Canucks play 7 noon or 10 am games this season and the NHL's favourite son Leafs have guess what 1.
The schedule again plays heavily with respect to injuries and a quality product on the ice. Case in point Leafs, no injuries. They should have had no excuses for their performance in Boston, maybe it's Nylanders fault?

Really looking forward to the Flames, Oilers game this evening as it should be another barn burner. Bragging rights for some on the forum I see but keep in mind Calgary will be missing some key players. Excuses, excuses.

Don’t get me wrong. The Leafs have sucked hard for many years. They HAVE however won the cup in their history and are currently a solid team. (Second ranked in the east)
Showing one winning score of a near the bottom team in one game doesn’t mean much.

Being a three time Stanley cup runner up isn’t a good resume.

Don’t get me wrong. The Leafs have sucked hard for many years. They HAVE however won the cup in their history and are currently a solid team. (Second ranked in the east)
Showing one winning score of a near the bottom team in one game doesn’t mean much.

Being a three time Stanley cup runner up isn’t a good resume.
They were the best in the Western Conference 3 times and at least they had a chance unlike the Leafs.

They were the best in the Western Conference 3 times and at least they had a chance unlike the Leafs.
The canucks being “good”... Thats the past.
The leafs have won the cup in the past.
I don’t see why one is valid and one isn’t. Especially because the less important one is the valid one?

The leafs are also much better in the present.

Edit: yes, I know I don’t have a soul anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back