Setting up our first West Coast Salt Water Tackle Box -What to buy?, What to Buy?

I'd add a couple o' Mac Deeps or similar jigs as they'll catch anything you bounce them near (salmon, rockfish, ling, etc.).

I would buy as I needed. Like for instance, your first trip might be a winter Chinook trip on local water. I'd go to the local shop and buy three flashers. And a couple spoons. Then if you go for may 1st lingcod buy that gear. Eventually you'll end up with a bunch of stuff you put more thought into. Rather then bulk buying stuff you may never use.

I was just saying to my wife, hearing all of the great names of these lures make me feel a bit like Tatoo from Fantasy Island as all the new guests depart from the plane and are introduced

o' Mac Deeps
The Pink Hootchies
Mr. Bloodie Nose and Ms. Glow Chartreuse teaser heads
The No Bananas and Herring Aid spoons
Meet the Flashers; Madi, Gold Betsy, Glow Herring Aid, Purple Crush, and Green Highliner,
Professor Herring's aides skinny g and lemon lime flasher.

Thank you all for your help on this. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
This is the hootchie/flasher combination that caught most of the salmon on our Winter Harbour trip this week. White/silver glow with a large red bead inside. Known as a Morning Wood, dunno why. Lol.

20210809_105654.jpg

Back