Legendary Mark Pendlington Joins Westcoast Fishing Tackle Pro Staff!

WestCFishingTackle

303C6176-BD05-4BF0-B610-3240350FA960_1_105_c.jpeg
We are super excited to welcome Mark Pendlington to join our PRO STAFF! With 30 years television filming experience fishing on the West Coast, Mark brings with him a wealth of experience. Having tested our products Mark states, “I tested all Westcoast gear this filming season and could not believe the difference in quality components from their mooching rods, jigging rods, swim baits, turd hootchies and unique new flashers on big salmon. These guys know quality and innovative gear from the magic Little Phat-E Gold UV 2.5 on big chinook salmon feeding off 50ft gravel shoals targeting sand lance and the bullet proof Black & Blue 3.5 Phat-E matched this years smaller herring spawn size perfectly for the most consistent number of big fish episodes in years! I look forward to continued testing of Westcoast Fishing Tackle quality innovative gear for years to come!”

You can watch his Westcoast Sporting Journal TV program airing 4 times a week 52 weeks a year on World Fishing Network America, Sportsman Channel Canada, Root Sports Northwest USA and locally on Chek TV Channel 6 Vancouver/Vancouver Island.

I just watched his episode on saltwater fly fishing for coho with skull heads up at Legacy lodge, it’s on my bucket list of trips. I appreciate that Mark mentioned Ralph Shaw and Barry Thornton were instrumental in teaching him the technique many years ago. Ralph always had a table tying flys at our Courtenay Fish and Game functions to pass on that skill.

I just watched his episode on saltwater fly fishing for coho with skull heads up at Legacy lodge, it’s on my bucket list of trips. I appreciate that Mark mentioned Ralph Shaw and Barry Thornton were instrumental in teaching him the technique many years ago. Ralph always had a table tying flys at our Courtenay Fish and Game functions to pass on that skill.
It’s so great having someone who focuses on educational content and that has been around for such a long time. He knows so many people and has learned from the very best in our area.

This week's episode will showcase a lot of our new 2024 tackle products. We have been keeping them under wrap for a while, but all our prototypes were thoroughly tested last summer. West Coast Sporting Journal Host, Mark Pendlington is accompanied by James Fisher to showcase our NEW Tackle Products in action as they fish Esperenza Inlet BC, inshore and offshore. The specifications and performance of the tackle will not be discussed until their FULL launch in March 2024. But needless to say, these new products pack a lot of new technologies and the performance and quality of the products stood up to the test!

Stay Tuned to the Episode this weekend Dec 9-10th on CHEK, Sat - 7:00am and Sunday - 11:30am

met him years ago at the airport in Port Hardy. I was waiting for a puddle jumper to fly me into Kingcome Inlet and he was flying into Legacy Lodge to film a show. he is a genuinely nice dude and he’s exactly like he is on the show

I cracked up as i over heard him going over his itinerary for his return back to Port Hardy. Sounded like one of his gear descriptions on his show: “So…i just want to confirm…the plane is going to pick me up at Legacy at 7:45 am on Saturday, Arrival in Port Hardy will be approximately 8:30 am.? “

met him years ago at the airport in Port Hardy. I was waiting for a puddle jumper to fly me into Kingcome Inlet and he was flying into Legacy Lodge to film a show. he is a genuinely nice dude and he’s exactly like he is on the show

I cracked up as i over heard him going over his itinerary for his return back to Port Hardy. Sounded like one of his gear descriptions on his show: “So…i just want to confirm…the plane is going to pick me up at Legacy at 7:45 am on Saturday, Arrival in Port Hardy will be approximately 8:30 am.? “
Did he ask how many grams the plane weighed?

Is he in anything recent? Love his fly fishing in the salt videos. So want to try that.
My favourite episode with the big spring jumping.Reminds me of years ago watching a jigger fight a 40+ out of a ski boat at Brady's beach that jumped even higher.Good times that we don't see anymore.

Back