Second steering station help

Dann_1987

Inexperienced with hydraulics and these steering systems so this may be a dumb question. Any help is much appreciated!

I’m looking into adding a rear steering station to my ‘91 Eaglecraft and had a couple questions about compatibility with my current Seastar helm and the Seastar add a helm kit. My current helm is original to the boat and is a Seastar 1 hydraulic helm.

I was reading about the add a helm kits and it mentions they now use ORB fittings where as my current helm has the NPT fittings.

I have two questions.

1. Will my current helm work with a second helm or am I looking at buying two new helms? The helm works great with no issues so would prefer to only purchase one.

2. If my helm will work, are there adaptors that will work to go from the NPT fitting to the ORB fittings on the add a helm kit.
AC731D00-1EE3-4700-8E87-41291427E0B4.jpeg5A8F6DE5-FC72-4466-A69C-52A609F559AD.jpeg
Any tips or other info that I might be missing is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Any helm will work with any helm. The new helms do have oring type straight thread into to the helm - to compression for the hoses. Your existing helm has NPT - to compression . Compression is what the hoses need if using seastar hoses. Add a helm of your choice. All good. Hope that makes sense

Back