SeaSport 2200 Project?

SeaSport2200

Hi there,

I am thinking about buying a SeaSport 2200 from the late 80's in pretty bad shape as a project for my son and I.

I have a few questions

•What is my fuel consumption

•As it is going to be my son's boat (Really good at boating dont tell me how bad of a father I am my wife already lectured me) What is the re-sale value

•What type of motor

• How good is it in rough weather

Thank you for reading!

Hi there,

I am thinking about buying a SeaSport 2200 from the late 80's in pretty bad shape as a project for my son and I.

I have a few questions

•What is my fuel consumption ?
all depends on whats for power and if it has any or you going to rebuild or put new in ?

•As it is going to be my son's boat (Really good at boating dont tell me how bad of a father I am my wife already lectured me) What is the re-sale value
forget it no where what your going to invest in it

•What type of motor ?????? inboard or out board carb or injection

• How good is it in rough weather
hull a proven sea worthy history just go ask current owners what they think

Thank you for reading!
hope this helps

if you love your son, help him save for a boat that's ready to go so he can go fishing instead of spending the next few years working on the boat(and draining his bank account). A boat from the 80's is going to need basically everything replaced, every wire, every screw, you get the idea.

Did a project on an old boat and while I love the finished project, I would NEVER do it again.

if you love your son, help him save for a boat that's ready to go so he can go fishing instead of spending the next few years working on the boat(and draining his bank account). A boat from the 80's is going to need basically everything replaced, every wire, every screw, you get the idea.

Did a project on an old boat and while I love the finished project, I would NEVER do it again.

I have had a lot of fun working with my dad on boats. I might like working on boats as much as I like to fish!

Six years ago when I moved to WA 1/2 broke I bought a 1976 sea ray and fixed it up with my two sons. It was never perfect but got the job done. I believe it was life changing for my kids and me. what an awesome thing to do

spending quality time with your kids shouldn't have a price
if its what you and your son want and can afford it-do it,
The last thing my dad and I did together was a resto mod on a '55 cameo pickup, he's gone now but I still have and cherish it, I have already promised it to my oldest daughter for graduation,
just make sure you have a decent base to start with
you only get one shot at life, have no regrets

Economy really depends on what power and configuration you go with, on average you should see 7GPH or 2-3 mpg
resale value will be dependent on what and how far you go with the rebuild.
I think those hulls have proven themselves well in moderate seas

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a sucker for working on boats. Fall and early spring weekends often find me in the shop putzing around on the boat, CBC radio going, phone not ringing. I find it very relaxing. Whole-boat makeovers are in most cases a good way to spend more than you needed to, but you sure do learn everything there is to know about your boat. And sharing the fun with a son, father, brother or buddy, well that can be amazingly rewarding..

Back