Sea Sport or "Similar" boat wanted

Holy cow, $115,0000 for a used boat, we say it so easily now. As I look at the price of new and used boats today, along with the price of cars/trucks, price of housing and raising kids. I think to myself, How does a person under 45 afford it? My long departed father was so happy to have a 16' double eagle as a step up from a 14 hourston. As all you older guys have seen, the sports fleet as undergone a significant upgrade in a short period of time. I remember hearing about Profish's BIG new boat when he got it many, many years ago, it was the flagship of the sooke fleet back in the day. I Bought my first house for the same price they charge for a new yammie 300. Yikes, I'm old and times have changed! Sorry for the hijack

Seems like a reasonable price for a Used 27' diesel. My 1996 Sea Sport 2700 Navigator diesel was just appraised at $95K. Another board member just bought a 2006 2700 navigator with the same D4 Volvo Diesel. He paid just over $110K. Personally I like the bigger cabin and reverse windows of the Sea Sport but Orca's are very well made boats too.

Barrie I know what you mean about boat sizes now. My dad use to have a 14' Houston with 55HP Johnson on it when I was growing up. I thought it was a big boat when I was a kid.
And back in the mid 70's a 16' Sidewinder or Cobra with a 115HP Merc was the ultimate ski boat! Now they are 28 feet long make 5' waves and hold 18 people! Progress I guess.
However it is all about how much enjoyment you can have.

Good luck Steve. Hope you find something soon. Spring is on the way!

I'm old enough to remember when the norm was 12 foot car topper and a 9.5 HP and a 14 footer with a 20 HP was showing off! Lol

I agree the shamrock 270 mackinaw is worth a look. I love mine,it has a 400 mile range at cruise rpm and very nice balance with the mid engine and the simplicity of the shaft drive is hard to beat. There are always a few for sale on yachtworld I think there is even one for sale in Canada now.

Shamrockin,
I'm going to look at one listed with VanIsle Marina, thinking of moving up from my Seasport2400. I will PM YOU after I have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shamrockin,
I'm going to look at one listed with VanIsle Marina, thinking of moving up from my Seasport2400. I will PM YOU after I have a look.
That is a nice looking boat-after you decide let us all know the situation with it. Really curious-obviously a U.S. boat- so how does that work?

Spring fever, went to look at that Shamrock 27 mackinaw at Van Isle Marina. Owned by an American that has a partime place on Pender. Real nice boat, it's a "tweener" boat, not really set up to Fish salmon and not really set up to cruise. Good day boat and an occasional overnighter. Lacks storage big time, but a real nice flush deck. Motor and Bilge is very clean. Killer electronics. Owner is looking for a centre consul Grady style boat. No trades and the tax bill on the entire sales price. Boat is a battle wagon but does not work for me. Needs a liens free Document from the USA. Broker is Cameron Williams who was the local mobile fiberglass repair guy.

Not really big on the fly bridge, wind catcher to me and I won't run a boat from up there. There are a couple of Orcas in the lower states priced similarly but with more hours on the motors. Going to boat show next weekend but this seems like a year where prices on recreational toys are up. Just bought a new to me Artic Fox camper so current boat might stay unless US market softens or I find something up here without the exchange costs. Wish I had bought bigger a few years ago. May not be retiring as early as I want either.

Hey Redfisher,
Not sure if you want a flybridge or not but here's one to check out http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4837416513.html not sure what year it is or if it's the original motor but 400 hours and 65k OBO doesn't sound to bad. Especially the OBO part.

I hear you Redfisher that exchange rate is a killer and getting worse. I'll be watching more for deals up this way but will likely stay with what I have for the next bit to see how are economy goes. I'll be checking out the boat show too.

Fishinwhenican,

You gotta buy that EagleCraft 28 with twin 150 yammie at Daigle. It's a beast!! I would even pay my own ferry fare to come over for a ride. I sent Ya a PM earlier.

Hey Barrie,

It's nice alright but a chunk of money. Believe me I've been trying to justify it. I did not get your pm.

I was just saying that if you didn't buy that boat you would regret it for the rest of your life! Lol! It's a REALLY nice boat!

Back