Sea Sport or "Similar" boat wanted

I bought a '98 26' Skipjack 3 yrs ago in San Diego thru sdboats.com. great boat-fly bridge giving a full galley you can see out of,cuddy and fold down table-sleeps 3, full head,260 hp diesel giving 400 m range,small enough to handle yourself,trailerable and rel easy to launch and retrieve. Skipjack hasn't changed the design in 20 yrs-they love it in S Cal. Need any more details feel free to PM.

Hi Redfisher, I have an excellent Seasport 27' Navigator, full galley, salon,shower, 9.9 Yamaha kicker,
Volvo Penta diesel, fantastic for fishing/cruising. My ph is 250-594-7717

Your boat

Up in interior on short holiday. Will call when I return. Thanks for your response.
Hi Redfisher, I have an excellent Seasport 27' Navigator, full galley, salon,shower, 9.9 Yamaha kicker,
Volvo Penta diesel, fantastic for fishing/cruising. My ph is 250-594-7717

Barrie they are one of my the boats that capture my eye too. Like the diesel direct drive and like the hill shape. Not many to look at across the States with a usable cabin with an Alaskan bulkhead. Our weather changes how we look at a boat particularly this time of year
Check out the 27 shamrock diesel! I think it's the Mackinaw model

redfish, all the shamrock 27 makinaw are a bulkhead cabin, you might be thinking of the 26'.

There's a 27xlc Orca 2006 diesel for sale at Port Boathouse. Not sure on how many hours, just looked at the ad. They are asking 115k for it. Not sure if that falls in your budget or not but considering that's Canadian dollars if you could get them down to 100k that wouldn't be bad. The Orcas seem to go for a bit more than the Seasports from what I've seen. I'm not sure if there is a reason for that or if it's just that they seem harder to find. But if you pay more and sell for more, it's a wash.

The Orcas seem to go for a bit more than the Seasports from what I've seen. I'm not sure if there is a reason for that or if it's just that they seem harder to find. But if you pay more and sell for more, it's a wash.
They are extremely hard to find for one thing and the build quality is hard to beat. Once you own one it tends to stay with the owner until he can no longer fish it. I've had mine for 12 years from new-most of my maintenance is trailer and engine related. The boat is fished very hard on WCVI but it doesn't look it. Little heavier than most I suppose and a very deep V-probably a little heavier on gas consumption but then I don't need airseats for the ride off-shore.LOL. If you can afford it I would take it over a seasport-but I'm prejudice.

I agree with SS.

Once you own one you keep it for life. We purchased the boat new in 2007 and I repowered in 2011. Last summer I was offered 100K for mine and after some research I turned him down. I found out a new Orca the same as ours is now $170K out the door. The guy who offered me the $100K went onto find a 2007 Orca in Calgary for $110K.

They are not cheap and most of our clients think the boat is new or only a couple of years old.

The Port Boat house sells both Sea sport and Orcas give them a call and check out prices and performance.

Wanted-Sea Sport, Orca, or Osprey “type” fiberglass boat. Looking for a 24’-27' boat with full cabin and inboard power. OK with a boat requiring some degree of mechanical repairs but must be structurally sound. Not looking at close to new ones as they are above my budget. Please email some pictures, details of the boat and an offering price. This is a outright purchase, (cash ) not asking to trade anything. I might possibly be interested in other boat styles as well, as long as there is a full cabin with sleeping capacity. Very little on Craigslist or Yacht World hence this approach to owners.

I shopped for 2 years down south(with our $ @ par) looking at Ospreys,Orca and seasport. I ended up with a 26 Osprey for a lot of reasons.A few being 24's in all brands were to small,and the 27's a touch to big.
What I really didn't like about the other brands is low gunnels and step down cabin,drive me nuts!

As for ride,I have no suspension seats.The boat pounds in a moderate tight wind chop 2-3ft head sea,but with trim tabs down it smooths it out.
In all other sea conditions its a champ!
As far as offshore water go,its a great boat.I run way the hell and gone for Tuna on WCVI and love the boat!

My boat is a well cared for 1997 (original gas tank) ,and shows like new when its waxed and detailed and not covered in blood and guts! HaHa

Feel free to call or Pm if you have any questions.

Bought my Seasport new in 1992 and the boat has stood the test of time and hard use. She still looks like a newer boat which is partly the higher end construction and partly my maintenance routines. The only wear I have is the cockpit deck which needs to be re surfaced from the years of heavy foot traffic, deck chairs being moved around and bonking fish. (Occasionally missing and hitting the deck).

I shopped for 2 years down south(with our $ @ par) looking at Ospreys,Orca and seasport. I ended up with a 26 Osprey for a lot of reasons.A few being 24's in all brands were to small,and the 27's a touch to big.
What I really didn't like about the other brands is low gunnels and step down cabin,drive me nuts!

As for ride,I have no suspension seats.The boat pounds in a moderate tight wind chop 2-3ft head sea,but with trim tabs down it smooths it out.
In all other sea conditions its a champ!
As far as offshore water go,its a great boat.I run way the hell and gone for Tuna on WCVI and love the boat!

My boat is a well cared for 1997 (original gas tank) ,and shows like new when its waxed and detailed and not covered in blood and guts! HaHa

Feel free to call or Pm if you have any questions.

Forgot to mention..I wouldn't own a "pilot house" boat without steering and controls on deck,it makes anchoring,pulling pots,docking ect a lot more enjoyable!

Here's a link to the Orca http://www.portboathouse.com/pro/pr_d.php?id=510 just noticed a little under a thousand hours on it. With all the good words on them I now feel tempted....
If you are tempted-couple of things to discuss with the dealer-the trailer should be looked at very closely-that trailer needs to be at least an 8500 lb trailer-most of them came out of Port with 6500 lbs-way too light, looks like an alcohol stove which was standard for that year-might want to talk about a wallas diesel. If you can get it for a reasonable price and the engine etc checks out-hell of an off-shore boat.

If you are tempted-couple of things to discuss with the dealer-the trailer should be looked at very closely-that trailer needs to be at least an 8500 lb trailer-most of them came out of Port with 6500 lbs-way too light, looks like an alcohol stove which was standard for that year-might want to talk about a wallas diesel. If you can get it for a reasonable price and the engine etc checks out-hell of an off-shore boat.

Thanks Spring Fever. I will keep that in mind. It's a chunk of change so tempted yes, seriously, I don't know. It would have to really fall together to get me over to the Island to check it out. I just dropped a few bucks into mine cleaning up electrical, adding access panels, a wash down pump and tunes. So I kind of put my boat buying cravings on hold for now. But I sent them an email just for the heck of it.... :eek:

Back