Scottish Fishing Tackle

Marley

My parents brought me back some tackle from Scotland. They look similar to herring rigs but bigger. Over there they use them for cod. I want to try them out here for fun but not sure how to utilize them. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0625.jpeg
    IMG_0625.jpeg
    250.2 KB · Views: 113
Cut it up and re-assemble with a snap swivel on the bottom, one of the lures in the middle and a regular swivel on the top.
Hang a weight off the snap, maybe add a bit of bait on the hook. Catch a rockfish, cabezon, greenling, lingcod, or sole/flounder.

Cut it up and re-assemble with a snap swivel on the bottom, one of the lures in the middle and a regular swivel on the top.
Hang a weight off the snap, maybe add a bit of bait on the hook. Catch a rockfish, cabezon, greenling, lingcod, or sole/flounder.
That’s a good plan. Thanks will try it.

Remember that other than Herring, You are only allowed to use gear designed to catch one fish at a time. The advice to cut it up and assemble as single hooks is good advice.

CR Greg

Those should be absolute dynamite for flounder if you are inclined to target them.
That would be fun. I have never targeted flounder specifically but I am sure my kids would enjoy it. I have caught the occasional flounder as bycatch on the West Van shoreline. I assume target sandy bottom and drift while jigging on the bottom?

That would be fun. I have never targeted flounder specifically but I am sure my kids would enjoy it. I have caught the occasional flounder as bycatch on the West Van shoreline. I assume target sandy bottom and drift while jigging on the bottom?
I haven't finished for then since I was a kid. Had a set of pretty much the exact same lures, fishing off the government dock on the north coast, literally couldn't keep them off.

Back