SCAM, boat registration / licence

Hahaha, got to be kidding
Mine would be;
-Bite me
-KissMyA
-I'm a Bone head for thinking you guys are legit.

haha, not laughing at you Bill 310 , just how stupid do they really think we are, if you believe this well ...
Hahaha
that information is correct for registering a vessel

Whaaaaaaat, When I registered my names , cant remember giving them 3 names , but then again I can remember where I put my teeth this morning .since when , that's rediculas

Well it is sort of correct.

If you go to the free Transport Canada link you can search for the vessel name that you want and if it is available, you can reserve it in advance of registering your vessel.

You just pay the registration fee up front and you get to reserve the name that you want (you already know it is available from the search)

Whaaaaaaat, When I registered my names , cant remember giving them 3 names , but then again I can remember where I put my teeth this morning .since when , that's rediculas
you didn't register your vessel you licensed it.

There is a quick test to see if you registered your vessel.

Are you missing the regular series of numbers on each side of your bow?

Were you required to put your vessel name and home port on the stern

Did you lose your f'ing mind with the series of forms and run arounds ?

Do you have a plate permanently affixed to the inside of your vessel, with your Transport Canada number on it, that looks lie this

1641762281577.png

I agree! I used them thinking it was transport canada. They charged me $425.00 and provided no service whatsoever. I have now requested a refund but they say they have a policy of not issuing refunds.....
Hey folks,

Just following up with my experience with Canadian Vessel Registry. I went through my credit card company and i was able to get my money back. I think the CVT just banks on the idea that most people will not be assertive enough to go through the lengthy process of disputing the charges.

Can't agree with this,you do need to change the "Pleasure craft license" on a boat when purchasing, if it has over a 10 HP motor. If your stopped on the water by RCMP or Homeland Security they will need to know who owns the boat.The only way to prove that is to have a "Pleasure craft license" in your name and on the boat,otherwise it will come up as the previous owner. The reason so many people don't follow through with getting it is that taxes will be charged on the purchase eventually if bought privately.I say eventually because I bought 2 boats last year and have yet to receive a tax bill for them. There is very often confusion between "Registration" and the "Pleasure craft license" which are both done by Transport Canada. Registration is for Commercial vessels or large boats travelling between countries, Pleasure craft license is for the common boat buyers like us .
Almost correct but you can also register a pleasure craft if you want to lol. (Confused yet?)
Its also something like a $500 fine and forced to go to shore if they check and you don't have the boat licensed or registered.
Also licensing the boat is not for proof of ownership rather it's incase there's an accident or emergency.
From what I've heard about licensing a 2nd hand boat they will often send a tax Bill a year or two later, but maybe you get lucky and they don't.

Back