Savary Island

JuandeOne

Hi guys, a friend of mine at work is going up to Savary Island next week for some R&R and wants to drop a line. I'm a west coast guy and don't have any particular knowledge of how to fish up there and what runs to expect.

Any advise/tips in this regard would be appreciated. My friend is not a ardent angler so just trying to point her in the right direction.

Thanks.

Not too sure how far your friend wants to run from Savary but Grants Reef at its north end (South from the westerly end of Savary)has been on and off the last while about 65 feet with green or army truck hootchie.
Lower end of Grants just near the bouy has been good in 100 feet of water again around 75 feet Army truck, tiger prawn, green hootchies and wonderbread coyote spoon.
Have not fished the Iron Mines for a while now but they are generally pretty good on a running tide. (Iron mines are just southward from Lund harbour to the large bay before Dinner Rock directly across northeastward from Mace Point on Savary)
Nice thing at the Iron mines at the southerly end you can drop a prawn trap and generally pick up a decent feed.

Was over at Grants Reef today. Nothing to show except for a couple of undersized lings and a doggie or two. But the amount of bait IS promising. I guess the eveing bite has been the best Kisinana????

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Evening bite has been best. Friends were out last night until the sun was going down and picked up 3. 2 hi teens and a 25
Army trucks all the way
The bait sits around 100-120 all day and then comes into the shallows towards dusk.
I think first thing in the morning with the right tides coming up in the next week or so should be OK too.

Thanks-- pretty much what I figured.. Had to be fish there somewhere with all that bait.

Cheers
CL

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

quote:Originally posted by Kisinana

Not too sure how far your friend wants to run from Savary but Grants Reef at its north end (South from the westerly end of Savary)has been on and off the last while about 65 feet with green or army truck hootchie.
Lower end of Grants just near the bouy has been good in 100 feet of water again around 75 feet Army truck, tiger prawn, green hootchies and wonderbread coyote spoon.
Have not fished the Iron Mines for a while now but they are generally pretty good on a running tide. (Iron mines are just southward from Lund harbour to the large bay before Dinner Rock directly across northeastward from Mace Point on Savary)
Nice thing at the Iron mines at the southerly end you can drop a prawn trap and generally pick up a decent feed.

Just a note to be carefull of the RCA closure starting at Dinner Rock and south of it.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/maps-cartes/rca-acs/rca-acs/south-sud/DinnerRockChart3513-eng.htm

Back