Sand Lance Spoon

I tied to a split ring once... Forget if I landed a fish and it broke on the second or if it was the first fish that snapped me off.

There may be ways to do it such as a polomar knot tied in the perfect spot but I wouldn't recommend tieing to a split ring my experience was the fight caused the line to pinch in the ring and snap. I probably tied it wrong but so will lots of other anglers.

Good luck with your product who will have their spoon available first? The race is on

Thanks for the feedback on the front split ring guys. I have never had issues with snapping off at the ring and that is what I have used for the last couple of years on all of my handmade spoons. That said, GDW, you are probably right that a lot of anglers may not think of the knot placement or use a palomar knot....and I certainly don't want to be the reason to loose someones hog! I'll take that into consideration.

Thanks.

IMO split rings should be just fine, but they have to be quality ones from a commercial fishing source like Trotac or PN&T.

Oddly enough the only time I've ever had the ring on a spoon cost me a fish it was a welded one that failed. Big chinook during peak season on the central coast :(

They are real killers! I have them... Old Flashers or dodgers etc can use for make other lures and price are cheaper!

Sand Lance Spoon update

Hey guys,

Here's a bit of an update. I've been having fun working out of the press mold details and should be pressing them out within a month. My prototype mold works great and adds a lot of strength to the metal, but takes a fair bit of time for each one.

I am really happy with the batch in the pic below, which are all spoken for...and more will be available shortly. These ones are polished stainless with a strip of glow on one side, strip of blue/green flash on the other, glow eyes.

For my whole life I have really enjoyed catching fish on gear that I've made, but it's definitely cool to get pictures from stoked buddies putting fish in the boat.

More to come.

sandlance school.jpg

Hey Andrew can you put me down for 1 or 2, look very good. Would like to try them out on Oak Bay Flats this month. How can I get them from you?

Not only will I take one or two, I'll trade you some labour if you need help stamping and applying stickers.

I think Nautigirl is on to something.

Make your own spoon day and BBQ at Andrew P's. I'm in.

I'd like a couple when you have some available also,

Back