rivers Inlet hows the fishing??

W

walterluds

Hello all, well the trip of a lifetime starts Friday. We drive up to Port Hardy early , put the boat in, go across the strait , and fish Rivers Inlet Fri,Sat,Sun amd Mon. Just wondering how the fishing has been.. Any Reports out there??

Thanks in advance,

Walter

I am going up there as well over the August long weekend. Anybody know what they are using for bait/tackle up there this year and where the hotspots are?

Not much showing at the head yet- a 77 lb PIG has been reported caught last week at "the Wall" hopefully this year will be better than alst few

Wow, we were skunked last year for big fish up there almost exactly a year ago. sheephnter you know which lodge reported that fish?

I copied the picture that is one dam nice looking fish. Good to know fish like that actually still exist in Rivers Inlet.

77lb.jpg

who in ht heck said a "Lot of big fish this year"????

Oak Bay just reported the first 50 of season (july 31st) but I sure don't see a "lot of big ones yet"????

I have been there the past five years first week of August and it has been damn poor the last couple years- although I must admit I did knock a 60 lb pig off with the net myself!!!! but for a "lot of anything? around the head- bs the last 2-3 years

lets hope it's differaant this year- I am heading up for a week Aug 5th-12th

SHEEP

I personally witnessed two pallets of commercialy bought salmon and halibut being sent from Port Hardy, to an unnamed lodge in Rivers, so there guests would go home with fish. Sent up by water taxi....Good Luck!:(

Back