Renny Heating up Yet???

I

islandphile

Heading up again Aug 2nd & 3 rd, hopefully we'll see more fish. Any info would be appreciated.

Heard on the radio hali was ok but salmon still a bit spotty just like every where.

Good luck Wolf

Thanks Wolf... we'll keep our fingers crossed, and I'll give a report when I get back... should be interesting as we have a group of twelve out on Wednesday and a foursome Thurs.

Springs were in @ Renny on Thursday...it was hot & heavy all morning at East Point and Logan was pretty good as well until about 1 pm.

Saw a 45 on the hook on Weds, and heard of another 45 caught on Thurs. Tons of fish between 20-30, and a good bunch over 30.

Limits of sockeye Wed & Thurs... halis great on weds little slower Thurs.

would it make more sense to drive and launch from renny or can it be reasonbly done from sooke.
I run a 20'lund fisherman w/ GPS/Sonar and backup engine... just asking because we are heading to sooke next week and if the fish are not in yet might have to go where they are.
we have cabins booked at Sunnyshores already so we are dedicated to use them.
Hoping the fish will move in by then but you never know. It does sound like it is starting to heat up around sooke.

And how far out would a guy be looking at going.

it's a 70 kilometer run.
on a nice flat day, no problem, but if wind comes
up you're pooched !
would not wanna run 70 k's in 25 knot winds in too many boats !

Thx....and how far of a run out from Renny???

Thanks...R.S. I will keep them in mind, maybe we will see you out and about. We will be around otter, secutary, ect. starting Aug 14-23 maybe we'll swap some cold ones. like I said I run a 20'lund fisherman white w/gray bottom w/175hp evenrude e-tec if you see me give me a shout.

will miss you by a week, i'm at otter point last week of august
hope there's lots of hungry slabs by then ![8D]

Awsome engine.. pushes my 20'along at 52mph GPS's w/20deg prop with all five of us (family) in it. Pulls my boys out of the hole sking no sweat oldest is already 17 and a husky boy.
And believe it or not I was trolling for lakers with it at 2.0 to 2.5 no prob. I put on a 9.9 also. Mostly so I don't HR out big engine and it never hurts to have back up.
It is new yet I only have maybe 30hrs on it so can't give a comment on reliability yet but so far the stories i've heard are all good.

how long for all those fish in renfrew to make their way down to sooke, anyone have any good guesses

awesome, so the commercials have some truth?:p did you repower? hows the fuel economy, i understand they are better at high speeds than 4-strokes but he 4's only squeeze by at mid range

No it's not a repower she's a brand new toy all around... Boat, 2 electric 1100 scottys 175 E-TEC, 9.9 Johnson 4 stroke, seperate GPS & sonar radois she's a sweet thing [8D]
This will be her maiden voyage out west [:p] [:p] so you can emagine the excitement...
Fuel usage seem's to be good and will improve while trolling now that I have the 9.9 on.

quote:Originally posted by islandphile

Springs were in @ Renny on Thursday...it was hot & heavy all morning at East Point and Logan was pretty good as well until about 1 pm.

Saw a 45 on the hook on Weds, and heard of another 45 caught on Thurs. Tons of fish between 20-30, and a good bunch over 30.

Limits of sockeye Wed & Thurs... halis great on weds little slower Thurs.
A perfect example of Rennie's 'on again', 'off again' fishery this year. We were there Friday and it was SLOW! No real bite period at all. Charter chatter indicated most boats fishing and getting some some sockeye just to put fish in the boat. We managed 1 and lost 1 in the space of 20 minutes and then nothing. Still not the numbers of fish we're used to seeing out there.
What was your most productive depth 'islandphile' for the springs?

Any one knows how the smelt fishing has been on the beach at Port Renfew? I was up there a month ago and we got nothing with three smelt nets down all day long.. Trying to find out if the smelt have arrived yet? any reports or info, greatly appreciated!

Back