Salt

Totally unexpected

So heading to Ukee tomorrow been looking for coarse salt for brining with no luck, can anyone point me in a salty direction? I know Windsor salt has been on strike for 3 months so that's most of the problem I'm sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is all I use for brining bait. Wouldn't use it for smoked salmon by any means.
Sometimes I squirt some Mrs. Stewart's in a big mayo jar and shake it up. I only dry brine. I'll be in Ukee Thursday next.

there was lots of no name course salt at the Nanaimo super store 2 days ago

So heading to Ukee tomorrow been looking for coarse salt for brining with no luck, can anyone point me in a salty direction? I know Windsor salt has been on strike for 3 months so that's most of the problem I'm sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have some pickling salt you can have. Haven’t seen coarse salt in a while. Located in Vic.

Few years ago I used some leftover ice salt to cure large herring and it worked pretty well. I think a 40Kg bag at Crappy Tire is like $15. Keep some in a ziplock for fishing season and use the rest on your driveway.

Back