Renfrew

Tips Up

Fished Renfrew on Friday with Yote.

Not a lot of fish for us but we did get a monster.
120 lb hali!

Still some coho at the bank and we saw a few good springs coming in from the beach.

Thanks for the trip Yote!

**Also lost 2 quality fishing knives. I believe I left them at the cleaning station around 4:00. 1 Cutco fillet and 1 frost with spoon.
I have sent an e-mail to the marina but there does not seem to be any other way to contact them. If found PLEASE post. The Cutco is brand new and a gift.

Tips

Thanks JDS.
I have not been able to get a hold of the Marina by phone and I have had no response to my e-mail yet.
I read on their website that their phone is being hooked up.

Anyone know a way to contact the marina or just e-mail?

Thanks.

Tips

I may be heading that way in a few days I will let you know if I go.

Your're not going to get through to the marina via telephone.Copper hounds stole about half a mile of the telephone line.They are in the process of going wireless through a tower to Port Renfrew.I know they are going as fast as they can.Dan

Thanks Dan.

I was able to get a hold of a guide friend who was going to check at the office on Sunday. I have not heard back so I think someone is the proud owner of some new knives.
I guess I will eventually have to tell the wife that I lost the new knife she bought me. Wish me luck!

Tips

What's the name of your dbl eagle, Dan. We're going to be up there as well.
Tom

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Hope to hear good news from someone.

JDS you got $120 I can borrow?? LOL!!
Back to the cheap knives for me.

Good luck to all heading to Renfrew. I'll be back up on the Aug. 20.

Tips

this might be a dumb question - but what area do most guys troll for springs on the bank? Near the west end of the closer? Also is it worth it or stick to the beach right now?

Tsquared,gonna be there in my white electrical van,trying to get everyone fixed up with more power also got to do a small "favor" job in Renfrew,stop by and say hi,I should be around the office.DAN

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

this might be a dumb question - but what area do most guys troll for springs on the bank? Near the west end of the closer? Also is it worth it or stick to the beach right now?

On Friday, we fished for springs about a mile north west of the "Can buoy". One was in the high 20's, 3 were in the teens and remaining 4 were smaller ones. We were told the beach was slow. However, that was last week.

Okay Tips, apparently your knives or knife sat at the cleaning table for a couple of days,they have found a new home,Spooled there were some nice springs coming in,I was working on the cleaning table pump,its fried,but I saw a couple of real nice ones over 30.rmjoo2 I don't have the co ordinates for the can bouy but it is basically at the mouth of the bay in the center.If you come out of the river and point your boat at the tip of cape Flattery and run out oh say 3 miles you'll see it.All in All a beautiful day in Renfrew too bad I had to work,DAN

Thanks for the feedback Danthewire. I appreciate you checking for me.

I'll be buying a new knife for the weekend.

Tips

Islanderguy - How deep were the springs? Were you running big plugs? I was out there but the silvers were so thick it was hard to get a rig down.

Back