Rejected boat buyer flipped out on craigslist

I have a chart plotter, VHF (most of the time I don’t turn on either of them) and a big empty dash in the wellcraft……I think I need to up my game SUBSTANTIALLY
Your game looks f...ing awesome. I'm going to blitz through my work, get this dam laptop closed and look for some flat seas to do the same! So many fish caught with 14 foot tin boats and jigs!

Hope that rod tip hits the water. Nothing better than the yell of "FRONT ROD FRONT ROD!" and the scramble to get it. I could stare at a rod tip forever but screens make me sick off the west coast!

You count an offer from somebody who hasn’t even looked at the boat in person? When I sell something online and someone says will you take X’$$’s for it over the phone before looking … my answer is always the same… if you can’t be bothered to come look at it and make an offer based on a viewing … you aren’t getting it

You count an offer from somebody who hasn’t even looked at the boat in person? When I sell something online and someone says will you take X’$$’s for it over the phone before looking … my answer is always the same… if you can’t be bothered to come look at it and make an offer based on a viewing … you aren’t getting it
yeah. i sold my last 2 boats that way. negotiated first and then buyer showed up and money exchanged after a brief look at the boat. yes in theory your answer is correct but in practice on craigslist everyone likes to do it up front so they dont waste their time. if you tell people that "offer based on viewing" stuff they likely wont show up at all. they already like your boat enough to email you with an offer then on CL its a real offer. i also bought my car that way BTW. made an email offer, girl drove down from whistler, i test drove car, gave cash at the broker in superstore location, swapped car license plates/broker took care of paperwork on the spot. everyone happy. seller sold car in 30 mins. cant guarantee it of course but this dude would likely have given cash and bought the boat had i been willing to sell it (which i wasnt at that price lol).

I am learning so much about the art of sales from this thread. Until now I have never paid any attention to offers on CL.

I would like to start a pool, Winner takes all it they can guess what Zurk does for a living.

My guess is that he is currently unemployed, he was recently laid off from his job at NASA.

images

Back