Rejected boat buyer flipped out on craigslist

It’s a bit much lol for an 18ft boat
Really. My old 175 Malibu I had 2 vhf's, chartplotters and radar only because I combined 2 boats in to one. At the time I thought that was way over kill.

Really. My old 175 Malibu I had 2 vhf's, chartplotters and radar only because I combined 2 boats in to one. At the time I thought that was way over kill.
I have 2 screen in mine a 7” and a 9” and it’s a bit much, I will replace the 9” with a 7” when I upgrade, I like 2 screen, two separate units so if one craps out I still have one to get me home

Lol My 1st glass boat had a compass without any fluid in it and a cb radio that didnt work either
(no cell phones back then kids) lol
Fished sockeye in the fog off Naka creek and would listen for the old burner on beach, sounded like a jet engine ,if the sound was on our left, beach was on our left!! lol
Here I am reading this thread of putting more electronics in an 18ftr than the space shuttle ever had in it !? Love it :) lol

What is the black shoe goo looking crap all over the dash? And why do you have so many electronics on that boat? What is the point? And is that glue running down the gunwales? Is there room to stand? I don't get it.

with all that power draw looks like no more amps left for downriggers!

What downriggers? I don't see any mounts and only two rod holders? Maybe the boat is used for fishing kokanee?? It sure is not a saltwater boat!!

Seating for 6 in an 18'? I had a 180 Searunner and it got busy with 3. 6??

Cheers

SS

I have 2 screen in mine a 7” and a 9” and it’s a bit much, I will replace the 9” with a 7” when I upgrade, I like 2 screen, two separate units so if one craps out I still have one to get me home
But you’re not living until you have 3 screens plus a built in laptop

Just wondering where the satellite dish and 50" TV is going to go.
you guys are gonna laugh but i seriously thought about putting a gimbal stabilized StarLink dish on it for high speed internet.
it can maybe fit on the rear where the BBQ table is and genny mounts are located but its a bit too big/high powered lol.
anyway for those wondering, the boat isnt set up for fishing. not my first boat, its my fifth. its set up for exploring and cruising. for example, i can go middle arm without planing or exit from the surrey side below steveston where most boats other than kayaks cant go. there is a reason the kicker has fins on it and the boat has a forwardscan sonar. It has its own electric jet powered 12 foot tender. The only fishing we do is rod and that happens maybe once a year. Crabbing and prawning is done more often and the manual pot puller works ok for that. i also do 250-300 mile cruising round trips on weekends ("boatripping"). boat is ok for 6 people and its set up for that for short trips (sunshine coast and back), 2 people for long trips (victoria and back). the black stuff is 3M-5200. on aluminum you can peel it off easily and it doesnt reflect at night. so if boat doesnt sell in 6 years it gets reset back to factory over 1 weekend-- dash is unbolted with two bolts and is starboard 1" thick which forms the frame. power system is running parallel to factory so the power bus/cameras/BMV can be stripped out, radar+solar+forwardscan unbolted, data bus removed, 5200+eva foam flooring peeled off, black paint resprayed at a shop, genny, VHF antenna and kicker unmounted and you basically have a factory fresh kingfisher in 2025 with radar arch, lol. The $60K worth of electronics (probably $80K once im done in 2025) will just go on boat 6. I will likely leave one chartplotter behind -- probably the 7 incher for basic chartplotting/sonar as an "upgrade" over factory.
Anyway current power budget is : +140Wh at full with everything turned on, Average of -35Wh from the solar, -400Wh from main engine alternator, -660Wh from the Outback DC genny, -60Wh from kicker, -618Wh stored usable battery capacity at 50% AGM max draw, +9Wh idle parasitic draw. So yeah boat has tons of power and the Victron BMV 712 is set to alert if it drops below 75% stored capacity.

Last edited:
you guys are gonna laugh but i seriously thought about putting a gimbal stabilized StarLink dish on it for high speed internet.
it can maybe fit on the rear where the BBQ table is and genny mounts are located but its a bit too big/high powered lol.
anyway for those wondering, the boat isnt set up for fishing. not my first boat, its my fifth. its set up for exploring and cruising. for example, i can go middle arm without planing or exit from the surrey side below steveston where most boats other than kayaks cant go. there is a reason the kicker has fins on it and the boat has a forwardscan sonar. It has its own electric jet powered 12 foot tender. The only fishing we do is rod and that happens maybe once a year. Crabbing and prawning is done more often and the manual pot puller works ok for that. i also do 250-300 mile cruising round trips on weekends ("boatripping"). boat is ok for 6 people and its set up for that for short trips (sunshine coast and back), 2 people for long trips (victoria and back). the black stuff is 3M-5200. on aluminum you can peel it off easily and it doesnt reflect at night. so if boat doesnt sell in 6 years it gets reset back to factory over 1 weekend-- dash is unbolted with two bolts and is starboard 1" thick which forms the frame. power system is running parallel to factory so the power bus/cameras/BMV can be stripped out, radar+solar+forwardscan unbolted, data bus removed, 5200+eva foam flooring peeled off, black paint resprayed at a shop, genny, VHF antenna and kicker unmounted and you basically have a factory fresh kingfisher in 2025 with radar arch, lol. The $60K worth of electronics (probably $80K once im done in 2025) will just go on boat 6. I will likely leave one chartplotter behind -- probably the 7 incher for basic chartplotting/sonar as an "upgrade" over factory.
Anyway current power budget is : +140Wh at full with everything turned on, Average of -35Wh from the solar, -400Wh from main engine alternator, -660Wh from the Outback DC genny, -60Wh from kicker, -618Wh stored usable battery capacity at 50% AGM max draw, +9Wh idle parasitic draw. So yeah boat has tons of power and the Victron BMV 712 is set to alert if it drops below 75% stored capacity.
I love the passion.

Back