Rejected boat buyer flipped out on craigslist

Boat looks pretty rough from the pictures, I would have taken the $75K and ran.... But that's me. I don't think its appropriate for him to make a post like that, its your boat and you can try and sell it for what ever you want. Your not trying to hide anything everything he mentioned in his post can be seen in the pictures, there is no reason for him to be upset. I would flag it for removal.

Good luck with the sale.

eh. its good for a laugh. i dont have a real interest in selling it anyway since its now set up perfectly for me. $78K gets into the maybe territory. but it takes me 1.5 to 2 yrs to set up a boat like how i want it and quite frankly i lack the time/energy to do it again with another new boat, lol.
another few years and i'll probably be more serious about selling it so i can find another new boat to play with. something in the 45 foot range should be nice in the next round for boat 6. mainly because the current one lacks an autopilot and infinite cruising range and a good toilet/shower.

The more I look at that cockpit photo, I just can't fathom anyone paying 80K for that. What was that boat new? Like $39,000 probably. It's beat to crap. The cockpit is the biggest hack job. Is Zurk just trolling? It can't be serious.

Attachments

• 00F0F_151rlpDh6Egz_0ji0ew_1200x900.jpg
    00F0F_151rlpDh6Egz_0ji0ew_1200x900.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 267
cockpit is a non issue. i'd get it CNCed and laser cut if i wanted to but i keep changing it every couple of weeks. so its a work in progress.
its got 3 chartplotters on it now not 2....so its getting there. lol. next step is a laptop...onward we go. i would add thats its a surprisingly huge pain to fit in a 7", 10.5" and 12" chartplotters and a laptop into an 18 footer without blocking driver visibility....
maybe thats why the F35 went to an all virtual cockpit with see through augmented reality pilot helmet.

Last edited:
the $75K is true. heres his email -
"Hi
Wondering if you’d consider 75k for your boat? I’d be coming from Prince George

Thank you"

dunno why he went off about my poor outback DC generator or northstar AGM tho. 103Ah is plenty power for running it a good 3 days. and the outback runs really well.

cockpit is a non issue. i'd get it CNCed and laser cut if i wanted to but i keep changing it every couple of weeks. so its a work in progress.
its got 3 chartplotters on it now not 2....so its getting there. lol. next step is a laptop...onward we go. i would add thats its a surprisingly huge pain to fit in a 7", 10.5" and 12" chartplotters and a laptop into an 18 footer without blocking driver visibility....
maybe thats why the F35 went to an all virtual cockpit with see through augmented reality pilot helmet.

Why, just why?

Why, just why?

too little physical space on the dash vs screen real estate ?
its difficult to fit 4 camera feeds, 2 radar feeds, near and far chartplotter map screens with track info, AIS info, engine info, fuel info, power bus info, data bus info, VHF info, forwardscan sonar feed, regular sonar feed, FLIR feed and a few other things into 3 chartplotters even when you split screen them into quads and have 2 info bars per screen. even when you can overlay some info (like ais and radar and marpa) on top of the chartplotter maps ideally you still want weather radar as its own non overlayed screen. new boat 6 im gonna definitely leave space for a FPB style 40 inch monitor and 6 12" chartplotters.

Last edited:
Back