Rejected boat buyer flipped out on craigslist

Yup. I'm here just hoping my 80k boat will start every time.
the only time i ever got stuck is when i had the cheap factory wiring and cheap factory car battery on my kingfisher (i.e. the second time i ever put it in the water).
i'd recommend upgrading at least the battery even if you dont do anything else. get a good Northstar AGM, keep a trickle charger on the boat plugged in 24x7 and you will be fine. kingfisher does many silly things but the factory electrics are the worst of the lot. 3A max disconnect on the switches, 14/16 gauge wiring wtf like seriously what were they thinking. 2 guage battery cables and 12 guage to accessories should be standard with at least a 50Ah deep cycle. and switches should be at least 10A. i use the NSB-AGM31M but you dont need to go that overkill.

Last edited:
Not judging at all, you set up a boat the way you like it, I get that, and respect that even if it is too bizarre for me. But I do question what the deal is with all the seating - seems a bit excessive is it not? Surprised nobody ribbed you on that one yet...

Last edited:
its all good entertainment...plastidip doesnt have the holding power of 3m-5200. i love the stuff. it peels cleanly off aluminum and has a really strong hold. plus its not reflective at night and its a strong rubberised coating so it can absorb a ton of abuse.
but yeah your boat has a ton of room to cram 3 more chartplotters in fishin solo. helm looks kinda bare. i bet you dont have a nice FLIR and victron BMV 712 either. best to add those.

its all good entertainment...plastidip doesnt have the holding power of 3m-5200. i love the stuff. it peels cleanly off aluminum and has a really strong hold. plus its not reflective at night and its a strong rubberised coating so it can absorb a ton of abuse.
but yeah your boat has a ton of room to cram 3 more chartplotters in fishin solo. helm looks kinda bare. i bet you dont have a nice FLIR and victron BMV 712 either. best to add those.

Why install flir when you can order state of art US military night vision goggles on ebay from some guy in Afghanistan named Tal e Ban with 100% ratings

Haha no night vision for me, I do have a xantrex freedom pro 2000w inverter/charger , wallas heater and 100litre fridge :p

you guys are gonna laugh but i seriously thought about putting a gimbal stabilized StarLink dish on it for high speed internet.
it can maybe fit on the rear where the BBQ table is and genny mounts are located but its a bit too big/high powered lol.
anyway for those wondering, the boat isnt set up for fishing. not my first boat, its my fifth. its set up for exploring and cruising. for example, i can go middle arm without planing or exit from the surrey side below steveston where most boats other than kayaks cant go. there is a reason the kicker has fins on it and the boat has a forwardscan sonar. It has its own electric jet powered 12 foot tender. The only fishing we do is rod and that happens maybe once a year. Crabbing and prawning is done more often and the manual pot puller works ok for that. i also do 250-300 mile cruising round trips on weekends ("boatripping"). boat is ok for 6 people and its set up for that for short trips (sunshine coast and back), 2 people for long trips (victoria and back). the black stuff is 3M-5200. on aluminum you can peel it off easily and it doesnt reflect at night. so if boat doesnt sell in 6 years it gets reset back to factory over 1 weekend-- dash is unbolted with two bolts and is starboard 1" thick which forms the frame. power system is running parallel to factory so the power bus/cameras/BMV can be stripped out, radar+solar+forwardscan unbolted, data bus removed, 5200+eva foam flooring peeled off, black paint resprayed at a shop, genny, VHF antenna and kicker unmounted and you basically have a factory fresh kingfisher in 2025 with radar arch, lol. The $60K worth of electronics (probably $80K once im done in 2025) will just go on boat 6. I will likely leave one chartplotter behind -- probably the 7 incher for basic chartplotting/sonar as an "upgrade" over factory.
Anyway current power budget is : +140Wh at full with everything turned on, Average of -35Wh from the solar, -400Wh from main engine alternator, -660Wh from the Outback DC genny, -60Wh from kicker, -618Wh stored usable battery capacity at 50% AGM max draw, +9Wh idle parasitic draw. So yeah boat has tons of power and the Victron BMV 712 is set to alert if it drops below 75% stored capacity.
Ok got to ask why an 18’ boat needs a 12’ tender that is electric jet powered. what is electric jet power?

Ok got to ask why an 18’ boat needs a 12’ tender that is electric jet powered. what is electric jet power?
its lifepo4 waterproof floating battery module powered electric jet drive. 12 foot tender for stability since its rated for rapids and rough water in case the weather is bad. i keep 2 lifepo4 modules for it in the boat and take 1 with me to shore and it works great. anchor out, get to the beach and use the wireless wrist remote controller to control the tender. has 12 speed settings and three reverse. no clogging since its a electric jet so no exposed prop to snag on the beach. about $10K total all in so not too bad. can do about 6-8 miles per battery module.

i would loove to get some modern US army AR NVGs (ENVG-B).

Not judging at all, you set up a boat the way you like it, I get that, and respect that even if it is too bizarre for me. But I do question what the deal is with all the seating - seems a bit excessive is it not? Surprised nobody ribbed you on that one yet...
I have a 2025…I CAN’T stand more than 3 people in my boat. Btw I’d probably happily sell my rigged up 2025 for $75k…I can’t wrap my head around this.

I have a 2025…I CAN’T stand more than 3 people in my boat. Btw I’d probably happily sell my rigged up 2025 for $75k…I can’t wrap my head around this.
I agree with this. With our 1825, if we are just out whale watching or whatever 4 or 5 is fine. But if I am fishing, 3 adults max!

Had 6 on the boat once (max limit) and was right around the max weight limit also. Everything was fine, but did not really like it. Too crowded, slower response time, all that.

Back