Rejected boat buyer flipped out on craigslist

yeah. i sold my last 2 boats that way. negotiated first and then buyer showed up and money exchanged after a brief look at the boat. yes in theory your answer is correct but in practice on craigslist everyone likes to do it up front so they dont waste their time. if you tell people that "offer based on viewing" stuff they likely wont show up at all. they already like your boat enough to email you with an offer then on CL its a real offer. i also bought my car that way BTW. made an email offer, girl drove down from whistler, i test drove car, gave cash at the broker in superstore location, swapped car license plates/broker took care of paperwork on the spot. everyone happy. seller sold car in 30 mins. cant guarantee it of course but this dude would likely have given cash and bought the boat had i been willing to sell it (which i wasnt at that price lol).
i like this guy. yes people are honest. i tell all sellers before you sell something would you trust your family in it? whats wrong with it? because i cant intentionally sell something that has something wrong with it. there are people who will. so always take it to a dealer to get pressure checked. you know like the matrix 3 people are cancer. never trust anyone but your family. That is to say some people arent honest. but most are. are you willing to risk it over $200-300.

i like this guy. yes people are honest. i tell all sellers before you sell something would you trust your family in it? whats wrong with it? because i cant intentionally sell something that has something wrong with it. there are people who will. so always take it to a dealer to get pressure checked. you know like the matrix 3 people are cancer. never trust anyone but your family. That is to say some people arent honest. but most are. are you willing to risk it over $200-300.
Only problem with having it checked out now is that dealer service yards are backed up till Oct-Nov..You have to learn how to do it yourself.

Only problem with having it checked out now is that dealer service yards are backed up till Oct-Nov..You have to learn how to do it yourself.
yeah this is why i just buy brand new boat/car etc from the factory and buy the long term 8 yr engine warranty on day 1. i sell mine with at least 6 months warranty left on the major systems (engine and hull) so the sellers dont usually care about the condition of the engine/hull etc.
of course, the last time i sold a car i told the dude to continue with the major service required for it in 500 miles (which included brake service) and he said nah you have warranty on it for 6 months and i dont care. 6 months later i see the car totaled with brake failure on the news shutting down a major highway lol.

Last edited:
Back