REEL REPAIRS

Talons

I have a couple of older Penn reels that need minor repairs and parts. Any recommendations for mid island?

Talons

I am also looking for parts for a Peetz reel. I need the line guide. Is there a place around Nanaimo that sells Peetz parts?
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Thanks Talons, I went to that site earlier and the two dealers that they mention have been out of business for a long time. I am hoping that one of the local sporting stores sell parts, or maybe I can find an old reel someone is willing to sell cheap for parts. The one I got is the wooden 65th aniversary one.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Penn has a repair station in Shawnigan Lake. I can get his name but he is a certified Penn repair depot.

Dont fool around, Mikes Reel Repair, Abbotsford, on the web, ship it aand they will ship it back.

Thanks, all. I will head to River Sportsmen since I will be up there this week. Thanks for the info CA

Hey Talons, the repair guy is Success Tackle in Shawnigan Lake. His name is Barry Textor. 1555 Shawnigan Mill Bay Rd. 1-250-743-3782

There is a guy in Nanaimo, Bill Clinton "The Reel President" who fixes reels out of his house. He fixed up a couple of my reels last year whilst I waited. He had tons of parts, I can't find his business card, maybe someone else can help.

quote:Originally posted by otter

Dont fool around, Mikes Reel Repair, Abbotsford, on the web, ship it aand they will ship it back.

+1

Hey Cronk, thanks for the tip about Bill Clinton. I took my Peetz Reel there and he fixed it on the spot. He did say that he is slowly getting out of the business, but will fix reels so long as he has the parts, and he has lots of parts for all types of reels. I got his phone # from canada 411 (W. Clinton) on Departure Bay Rd. in Nanaimo.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

I got my reels fixed at River Sportsmen in CR, thanks to the advice of CA. Top notch place and very helpful and friendly. You have to like posts like this where the help flows and things happen.

Talons

You are so right Talons, this is probably the greatest site I think I have ever seen for ideas and help in what we all enjoy doing (FISHING):D All-in-All great advice from everyone.
See you on the water[8D]
Mikiki

Back