Recommend a good rod?

N

nutzdeep

Hi- new here... just broke my old rod and I'd like to buy a good quality new one for steelhead and river fishing. Budget is $100 or less... I have 2 Okuma baitcasting reels. Can anyone recommend a good quality rod and a good supplier in the Nanaimo-Qualicum area?

Many thanks

Gone Fishin store in Nanaimo, and any of the Shimanos (in your budget) for the rod.

if ya spend about 50 more bucks you can get a low end lamiglas .i`m also trying the new shimano techna seems nice as well . but i love me lami`s. tight lines scottyboy

Either the Shimano Convergence or the Trophy XL line.

Both great rods for the money.
Not sure who carries them over there.Phone around.;)

You can pick up a shimano convergence at gone fishing in Nanaimo for 100$ and they also carry Trophy's but they are a little more money i think. Also saw an Abu garcia baitcasting rod on sale for 70$, not sure how good it is but i imagine its a decent rod for what you'll be using it for.

picked up a technium (tnc106m2) salmon/steelhead rod by shimano awhile back, around 139.00 at GF nanaimo, great rod under load.
really sensitive i find

I would suggest fenwick hmx they are cheap and have a good warranty. They will take them back no questions asked. I would also suggest a sage or a loomis,if you take real good care of them. But they have horrible warranty. Nice rods though.

Thanks to all for your feedback. As it turns out, I was in Nanaimo the other day and went down to Screamin' Fish & Fly. Bruce there was very helpful, as were you guys. Armed with the info from the forum I was able to ask good questions and compare value. I ended up liking the feel of the 11.0 ft Okuma Celilo. It's rated @ 12-25 lb; 1/2 - 4 oz and is designated medium action. It was about $93 taxes and discount in - so well within the budget.
Thanks again for the info.[8D]

Back