rain gear

Tips Up

What is everyone liking for rain gear?
Especially pants. Durable for guiding.
I like rubber for the easy of spraying off but keep splitting the crotch.

Thanks
Tips

Helly Hansen's. None Better IMHO. Triple duty for commercial trolling, guiding on the chuck, and sportying myself. Last for years with little in the way of maintenance. A tad pricey, but well worth every penny over the long haul. I prefer their breathable stop-rips, but you wouldn't want to try them if long-lining!

As always, your mileage may vary.:D

Cheers,
Nog

Black diamond makes awesome raingear. Very pricy for rubber pants but tough as hell. The only problem with black diamond is it is very stiff. I wear mine for work and have never tore it. I will second the helly hansen comments though. For the money it is good gear.

I'm with Westcoast. I to wear raingear for work I would rate Hellys up there too.I have also heard that the Carharts are good but I have not seen them or tried them

quote:Originally posted by salmon9

I'm with IronNoggin, Helly Hansen's.

x3....I use it for regular sailing/boating gear (more sailing oriented gear) but also have the tougher rubberish stuff for fishing as it does wash off easier.

i would put my money on the hellies as well, and if you want to stop the rippin the crouch thing buy a couple sizes to big, that way you got lots of room for movement.
ensure the future C&R

Back