Coating an aluminum intake

Alex_c

Looking to coat this intake I bead blasted so it stays shiny.

Options:
- VHT or other hi-temp clear. Pros: Cheap and easy. Cons: will probably yellow
- Powdercoat. Pros: durable, high quality finish. Cons: cost, I don’t have to coat it, but I gotta go pick up and drop off during work hours probably
- Silver hi-temp paint: Pros: cheap, easy. Cons: I prefer the colour of the bead blasted aluminum.

Any other options? I know there are a lot of experienced pros on here that might have a better idea.

Attachments

• IMG_7948.jpeg
    IMG_7948.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 30
surf-tech is the place I have used, cost I’m not sure
Just called them. $85 minimum charge, which is more than fair, but this intake/motor isn’t really worth that added cost. Thanks for the suggestion! To keep my project on budget, I'm thinking paint or clear is the best option.

Just called them. $85 minimum charge, which is more than fair, but this intake/motor isn’t really worth that added cost. Thanks for the suggestion! To keep my project on budget, I'm thinking paint or clear is the best option.
You might want to make sure that hose barb isn't steel where that vacuum hose is. If it's anything other than aluminum or titanium, you won't be able to anodize it unless it's removed.

You might want to make sure that hose barb isn't steel where that vacuum hose is. If it's anything other than aluminum or titanium, you won't be able to anodize it unless it's removed.
Not going to anodize but will keep that in mind in the future, thanks

Back