Radar 3G issues

sir-vivor

Hi Guys
Well had some down time so thought Of check some things out in the driveway
I have Gen2 HDS8 , Point 1 on a NMEA 2000
It's worked great about 2 yrs ago but never used the Landover so thought I'd check it on land (maybe that's the problem but doubt it)
So, Like I said the Radar by itself is working fine on and off water
But when I change to the charts page and hit "overlay " , keep in mind radars on. The message "Radar overlay invalid".
I went into my Network/Devicelist and dont see the NEMA2000 noted at all, shouldnt it be?
Went into satellite source and NMEA 2000 not noted in there
Went into Diagnostics and it shows NMEA2000 but Bus State "BUS OFF".
Looks like it's not connected to lowrance, it worked great years ago, so I know it was ok,
Any suggestions ??

Last edited:
N2k backbone should have 12v fused power source.... older pic from my install which is now transferred and added to some what onto the Bertram...
OPhcwm3.jpg

Sometimers (sometimes I remember sometimes I dont ) kicked in again hahaha, Embarrassing to say but relieved I built in an extra switch to cut the power drain to the NEMA , Forgot to turn it on. DAMN !!! 2 years can be a long time to remember just lucky I found it in driveway before on the Strait ...
Thanks Guys hahahaha

Is your nmea 2000 powered up ?​
Your the winner , if there was a prize lol, forgot I built in another switch to turn off the nema drain , if there was one lol. What threw me was the radar worked but not the land over so I just thought power was to it ...WRONG! Like u hit it with the question of power , which I checked the nema power and nothing , WTH ???? O ya turn the switch you built into it dummy....IT WORKED hahaha,

Your the winner , if there was a prize lol, forgot I built in another switch to turn off the nema drain , if there was one lol. What threw me was the radar worked but not the land over so I just thought power was to it ...WRONG! Like u hit it with the question of power , which I checked the nema power and nothing , WTH ???? O ya turn the switch you built into it dummy....IT WORKED hahaha,
Haha happens to the best of us

Back