Quatsino or Hardy?

Hoochiebob

Going for five days of glorious salmon/halibut fishing on the North Island.The question is where?We are leaving on the 27th.
Travel time,acommodation,etc not important,this trip is all about the fishing.
Your choice would be...?

If it were me, I'd go to Hardy. Please realize though that my opinion IS biased because I know the area and I'd like to look up some people.

I here Quatsino offers some excellent opportunities but haven't heard of any reports. I know people in Hardy that are doin well...

We may have the option of doing both.Its a first time trip for the both of us.
I am leaning toward Quatsino just because of the hype I read from other sites,but really dont have a clue as to which place is better.
Besides,I would much rather trust my fellow SportfishingB.C.'ers!
Thanks for the input MrDean!
Hooch

If you haven't fished either side before, I'd suggest sticking to one, in order to learn the terrain better. Sometimes you land in the midst of a dry spell and then 2 or 3 days later all hell breaks loose!

5 days would be my minimum time frame for a new zone.

12 miles offshore out of quatsino sound it is real consistantly hot...catching limits of springs and coho (in closer in area 27). Hali and ling fishing out there is consistant once you find the spot too. There would be tonnes of boats out there so just spot those and put your lines down for salmon about 100ft. Real consistant and pretty much non stop action. Hope that helps.

David

Thanks for the input,David.If you're out there next week look for a 24ft boston whaler outrage-give us a wave!
Hooch

Back