Prawning in Sidney

Mausermike14

Hey everyone!
I'm going to try my luck tomorrow for some winter springs, and was thinking of dropping a prawn trap.I've never dropped one out in the area before, was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? I'll be fishing at Fairfax.

Hey everyone!
I'm going to try my luck tomorrow for some winter springs, and was thinking of dropping a prawn trap.I've never dropped one out in the area before, was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? I'll be fishing at Fairfax.

You can drop them off fairfax - commercial guys drop there all the time. Watch your currents!

As with any area in the Victoria and southern gulf islands, be very aware of your currents and tides before you drop traps.

Hey everyone!

how did the fishing go?

I dropped the trap off near Fairfax for about a 6 h soak and ended up with 25 nice size prawns, not to bad for a first attempt:) have to dig out my other trap for next time. Thanks again for everyone's help!!

Back