Flounder fishing Campbell River

Dragos

Hi everyone
I’m new to this area ( CR ) and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction : where can I target some flounder and what are the best techniques to catch them ? Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Look for sand /mud eel grass bottom on your chart, 10 - 50 meters in depth. You don’t specify flounder species but it’s hard not to catch any of the flounder species if you’re using a small flutter-jig like a Buzz Bomb or a Point Wilson dart type jig. If you don’t get one in a short period of time, move and try again.

Look for sand /mud eel grass bottom on your chart, 10 - 50 meters in depth. You don’t specify flounder species but it’s hard not to catch any of the flounder species if you’re using a small flutter-jig like a Buzz Bomb or a Point Wilson dart type jig. If you don’t get one in a short period of time, move and try again.
Thank you !

@ILHG ’s kid is the master of flounder. Some call him “The Flounder Pounder” maybe the proud dad can fill you in on the secrets of their success.

Fact, this kid can fish! I was privileged enough to watch him reel in a 25ish # salmon by himself at like 9 years old.

Back