Prawning for 0 at stuart channel on May 10

Hi guys
Was prawning 4 traps for 2 hours at Stuart channel ,west of thetis Island, around 230-260' depth, all prawn traps weights are good, and baits are tested and used offen(prawning before). I knew 2 hours may not long enough ,but all 4 traps go all 0 prawn. Never happened before. And I saw a lot prawning floats around, so location and depth are good, trap weights are good, same baits used before. Any ideas what is going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230511_211031_Boating.jpg
    Screenshot_20230511_211031_Boating.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 24
When you figure it out, let me know. Lol.
I’ve pulled quite a few blanks this year doing the same stuff that I did last year and had success.
I could swear someone is playing with me and emptying my traps.

When you figure it out, let me know. Lol.
I’ve pulled quite a few blanks this year doing the same stuff that I did last year and had success.
I could swear someone is playing with me and emptying my traps.
I was in almost same location one month ago, got 30-40 each trap, and my traps never empty as 0 over 3 years. Feel so terrible, Don't know the reason

Went to that area a few times.. progressively less and less each time.. maybe they moved or the stock got run down a bit there? Everytime I went it was peppered with traps. That area got pounded since Nanaimo was closed.

Went to that area a few times.. progressively less and less each time.. maybe they moved or the stock got run down a bit there? Everytime I went it was peppered with traps. That area got pounded since Nanaimo was closed.
That makes sense, but still couldn't 0.

Back