Lost 3 prawn pots in passage Island

We dropped 5 prawn pots on southeast of passage Island on Monday Jun. 7 at 11am for 3 hours. Then only found 2 pots, missing 3, all of them are 400' ropes and 15 lb weights, were in 260' deep water. Don't think someone steal for 3 and won't submerged in water , checked 500m around, nothing. Now We remembered a boat( as a 30' fishing boat) towing logs in water in that area, heading north, so may be logs caught all 3 , but don't know where the boat heading to. Is anyone has idea regarding the boat heading location? Seem going to Bowen Island, but where is the log storage location or company info? Thx

If it's still commercial opening right now they seem to think that there is an unwritten law that they have the right to either cut your lines or remove your traps while they are fishing. I had 4 sets of brand new ladners dissappear a couple seasons ago during there opening (passage). They had lines set in the sponge reef closures that particular day.

If it's still commercial opening right now they seem to think that there is an unwritten law that they have the right to either cut your lines or remove your traps while they are fishing. I had 4 sets of brand new ladners dissappear a couple seasons ago during there opening (passage). They had lines set in the sponge reef closures that particular day.
Thank you for the reply. Never think that happens, good to learn

I picked up two sets from a forestry company in Squamish a couple years ago. I dropped in front of passage and a log boom cut it too close to passage and snagged my 2 sets. Big scotchmans allowed them to stay in front of the boom as it was taken up to Squamish. I got the call a few days later!

I picked up two sets from a forestry company in Squamish a couple years ago. I dropped in front of passage and a log boom cut it too close to passage and snagged my 2 sets. Big scotchmans allowed them to stay in front of the boom as it was taken up to Squamish. I got the call a few days later!

The exact same thing happened to my buddy last summer with a boom off secret cove, the guys out of squamish called him up and dropped the entire rigs back off at 2 knots on their next pass by.

Thank you for the reply. Is anyway can give me the forestry company info, so I can contact them. Thank you

The exact same thing happened to my buddy last summer with a boom off secret cove, the guys out of squamish called him up and dropped the entire rigs back off at 2 knots on their next pass by.
Thank you. I never think this kind of thing happens when prawning.

Back