Prawn trap size?

Nice ! Where you get them. Gotta buy one more , have 3 right now might as well get the 4th
Harbour Chandler, 109/each for the Bauer brand. Had a couple other brands for 89 each that were similar, but apparently not as high of quality or locally sourced.

I have the 24s but only because that's all that was available at the time. I think I would like the 18s even more because the smaller size would make them easier to bring aboard (I have the scotty puller and its boom is on the short side).

Either size, the Bauer traps are really well made. The centre well for weight and bait, and the easy trapdoor for removing catch, it's all well thought out. Just make sure to have appropriate weight before and after the traps. PNT has good pricing on 5 lb and 9 lb weights with long line clips cast right in, those work well.

Any reports on these? Thinking of getting some myself.
I switched to the 18” traps purchased from West Coast tackle. Work great and seem to catch much more than the round. Much easier to use and manage too. A side benefit is they don’t bring up mud like the round netting ones do

Back