Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

Back to the reports, no fish on the beach today. It sucked plan and simple. One day on one day off seems to be the norm. Over the last three years we have had outstanding fishing early, not this season. I would like to know how you guys are doing up West ? Halibut is good.

hey hourston,
are there any driftable Hali holes producing right now?
I'm trying to get the boat out for a Monday fish but dont have an anchor set up.
how have the seas been?
thanks!
Braden

The Victoria group went up to Englefield (Haida Gwaii) West coast resort annual trip,
They should be back soon or already back. *Interested in hearing the reports on that trip!*
Let's see what's coming our way!

The salmon bumps are a good bet on the drift, heading out that way on Wed. I look forward to the report myself

You bet mike ,the only thing that works for me is deep tissue massage ,gets the blood going ,its always been from a pinched nerve in my neck.no fun forsure,i feel for ya ,the wetherals came back from Englfield in the charlottes tons of fish 18-27 lbs and one of the guys got a 59 they have had 2 50 's only open for week and a half

Hey John a group just got back from the Haida's terrible, and another buddy fished uki this weekend and it sucked, good thing I have vertigo right now saving money on gas, anyone know of a cure for this shiet. Optimist didn't you have it last year??

I heard fishing in Ukee sucked on the weekend however Monday was not too bad. 4 of us fished Monday morning and boated our 8 from 9 to 21 lbs. as well as 1 small hali, lost 4 or 5 including 1 screamer. Needless to say a good time was had by all.

H.E.H.

went on a mission in search for salmon, well found lots just hope they hang around for awhile. not the big boys but really nice fish 12 to 20.

no pic's of a 20 i'll wait till we see some big boys or maybe the next catch. I have finished with the r&d work for salmon now just need to find some Halibut in numbers.

Yup lovin it for sure !It's been great hanging with the fam for a extra month for sure,not looking forward to missing some of madi's firsts. But also looking forward to renfrew starting thurs of next week. hole in the wall is calling my name.

Well its Renfrew time finally lots of good numbers of halis all averaging 40 lbs or bigger herring everywhere like days of old springs at the hole got a 35 on fri and the first 40 was weighed in fri as well from camper John Gordon he also landed a 37 and 36 on sat cut plugging is catching the bigger fish but the best news is there are great numbers of springs on the swiftsure around the j -bouy which we haven't seen in a long time ,whales, bait ,all is good for now .

Optimist are you getting the halis on the bank or close to shore still?Gonna try to get up this week.
Thanks

Ok Mike stop looking at your cut plug spinning.... hope you get better soon June is cutplugger month!

I guess between jg and the old windwammer rig they might be unstopable! Still can't picture him in that boat ,guess i'll see on weds.lol

Back