Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

see you up there weds night wellsy ,somebody's gonna have to reel in my fish. Did u show the boys the pics?

holly cow trev,had everyone nearly puking over breaky,any word from the doc,can they make it a little prettier then that again,will see you then

Here ya go Jackel

IMG-20110501-00016.jpg

IMG-20110501-00013.jpg

IMG-20110501-00012.jpg

As seen on fubar.com................ Ouch... There goes the hand model career :mad:

the plastic surgeon may need to use a little foreskin to make that look a little prettier,lol optimist

I am guesiing you will be fishing with spoons and hootchies for a while. I wouldn't want to stuff a well brined chovie into a teaser head with that laceration!

Bananas, I missed the explanation of how your finger was mangled! Wow, that looks like it might have hurt just a little! Hope get's better soon

hali fishing remains pretty good but having to go further to the west,long liner hammering the carmanaha ledge out to the north east corner and through the well,fish averaging 20-80 lbs ,salmon was hit and miss also with still desent size up to 18 lbs ,crabbing is on fire.

Looks as bad as Kesler's mouth

Geez Trev.... that looks like it hurts, I hope it improves quickly! get better !

Renfrew is on fire ,your going to find more numbers for both salmon and halis further to the west ,locally its hit and miss with salmon and inconsistent with the halis we still have that longliner working the logan creek to carmanah edge in 140-160 ft and out to the northeast cr cant believe hes still there going on3 weeks must have one hell of a large quota, almost seems like he was asked to fish there to **** us off never seen the boat in my 14yrs there of fishing ,we usually get to see the same guys there year after year,so more gas equals more fish right now,springs are averaging 10-20lbs,odd day where there bigger,mix bag of hatch jobs .purple haze squirt white hope hoochie and the coyote are working well.

Renfrew Saturday 14th

Hello, just signed up so this is my first post. Fished Renfrew just at east point for a little bit on Saturday for spring but nothing happening there. caught some lings and other cod and lots of big crabs. managed to limit on hard shell and tossed tons of large soft shells. Really looking forward to catching some slabs. maybe next weekend.

Fished Port Renfrew today. Long shift... 10 hours. Went to Owen, Camper and Logan. Landed a 19 pound spring on a watermelon spoon. Zillions of sea bass everywhere. No other springs. Beautiful day. Saw one other boat at Camper plus a couple passing through. Very little bait but glorious conditions.

Back from a long weekend @ Renny to concentate on bottom fishing, great time spent with the boys quality bonding (sans-gay for you cross-dressers) Sratched hard for limit of hali & some lings Saw lots of new areas ,fed Eagles off the back of the boat & spotted a few happy bruins(bears).Fishing not on fire to say the least but if you think outside the box & put some time in you can seek out some new spots & can catch some fresh seafood.

Foot note: sharpen the Big hooks and attach some wire leader Played a large beast well over 150 lbs to have it saw thru the leader & escape to hopefully live another day.Make sure to Otter proof the campsite they have a perchant for expensive steaks!

Thanks to good friends Capt. Rob H & Jessy V. for making a memorable trip possible.A reminder a trip is not measured by the quantity of catch but by the bonus of time spent with good friends & fab scenery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out Monday. Anchored up by Nitnat for 4 halis and fished Nitnat and camper for 7 springs. They are there but you have to work for them, all on plastics. They were all loaded with needlefish. Tons of crab to boot.

Back