Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

Nope still in pedder fishins to good to leave but will have to early next week. i heard some great reports from the weekend up there and the springs will show up good with these floods. i'll see you up there!

ha ha i just talked to steve he's on suicide watch! It can only get better. Guess i'll stay at pedder for the rest of the week.

I will be out on Tues to see whats happing on the beach. Yes its been a little slow on days then red hot on others. This week will be the start of the big fish, let you know tomorrow.

I hope your rite Wellsy. Was there much sign of bait where you were on the weekend?

ya trev the bait was their as well as salmon 90 ft. Halibut was our main target so we did one short troll just to see if they where their. I only put one in the boat around 14, but that came within the first 2 mins and then pulled the gear. lots of Coho caught one hatchery around 5 lbs, not open till June 1st. I do not know what happened today as i was moving from the house to the trailer.

Sorry have to reply to this one. Hopefully you are just joking because if you are serious you are an ahole. Those guides work hard to try and get you your fish and it is not an easy thing and nobody offers a quarantee. If you are such a hotshot take us all out and show us what you can do.
Not sure who your defending, But I have seen adds with Guarantees, and yes, I did laugh!

I am sure no one in Renfrew would be running an add like that, its way to busy as it is. Although if so its up to them to run what ever add they wish.
By the way we had our first over 30 landed today, 36 lber from Camper.

Well boys before you get to excited ,he's a friend and he is only making reference to a spot we fish called Guarantee not about guaranting fish at all!!! its one of those spots that seems to always give up fish i fished it with him on Fri and didn't go back to it Sat or Sun,next time

Stay away from the gauratee spot ,thats reserved for the miss madi this weekend !! lol

Well boys before you get to excited ,he's a friend and he is only making reference to a spot we fish called Guarantee not about guaranting fish at all!!! its one of those spots that seems to always give up fish i fished it with him on Fri and didn't go back to it Sat or Sun,next time
Actually, the post doesn't reflect that at all, it seems a little antaganastic.
The adds I refer to, are not nessacarily for P.R. but they do gaurantee the guest will hook fish. Not sure who could be that confident.

"If you are such a hotshot take us all out and show us what you can do." Now that's just a, hmm oh ya, friendly challenge?

Not sure if this is the right spot for an intro or not but didn't really see any other place to do it? I just joined this forum and it was recommended by some current users from another forum. I already recognize some names from the other forum as well as many of the local guides in Renfew. I fished Renfrew for ten years or so but had to move to AB for work last year. I keep my boat and gear on the coast and we just bought a cabin in Renfrew to help with my fishing addiction and to ease my pain till we return! lol I look forward to getting involved in posting reports and learning what I can from everone as well. I'll be in Renfrew on the 4th to get the keys to the shack and will have the boat in the water for 3 weeks or so during this trip. Look forward to reading about all the action!

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the post doesn't reflect that at all, it seems a little antaganastic.
The adds I refer to, are not nessacarily for P.R. but they do gaurantee the guest will hook fish. Not sure who could be that confident.

"If you are such a hotshot take us all out and show us what you can do." Now that's just a, hmm oh ya, friendly challenge?

The best guide is still skunked if the fish are not where he wants them to be! And I can't think of anyone that I know that has not had the odd bad week this spring...

Back