Port Hardy

Chuck

I have been searching on Navionics for an island out of Port Hardy by the name of Down Is. Not sure if that is correct spelling. Where is it if there is such an island?

Thanks,

Never heard of a Down Island out of Hardy, born and raised there and fished the area my whole life. Maybe if it spelt differently but that name does not ring a bell. I think if you launch in Hardy and start travelling south towards Campbell River, this would give you the best chance of finding it.

Maybe other can chime in.

Last edited:
Never heard of a Down Island out of Hardy, born and raised there and fished the area my whole life. Maybe if it spelt differently but that name does not ring a bell. I think if you launch in Hardy and start travelling south towards Campbell River, this would give you the best chance of finding it.

Maybe other can chime in.

Thanks Wade!

Bear cove......I'm looking for Up island around hardy......although I'm in Victoria so it could be anywhere in between. Do you have any info?

Not able to locate either but after doing more research I'm thinking I may have heard Gordon Is. not Down Is. Ill keep lookin!!

I used to guide in cr so I believe Up Island must be north of Chatham.

maybe some other members could chime in

So Bruce, how long do you think it would take to get from Dowm island to Up island by boat?

Round Island. Turn down island from Hardy Bay till you see a round island. Can't miss it unless it's foggy.

Back