Port Hardy questions

drhook

A buddy of mine wants to do Hardy this August and after doing all the research still have some questions.

Is there adequate parking at the 2 boat launch ramps in August or am I going to be leaving boat and trailer all over town and hoofing it a long ways back to the boat?

Can you recommend any hotels for adequate parking for rigs overnight?

Hotel lots safe to leave gear and rigs in for overnight?

I would love to stay at the Quarterdeck and moor there but see that they are already booked solid for July and August?

Is it really worth all the hassle of going up there during the busiest month of the year or better to stay close home and fish Renfrew?

Any other accommodation, launching, mooring suggestions/info/advice for Port Hardy would be appreciated.

I booked both Renny and Hardy. What CA said about women and all the trouble ...so true. Nothin like having more than one great spot to use your rod. [8D]

You should be able to still book moorage at the Qaurterdeck? It's not expensive, the ramp is great, the gas for your boat is there, and the dock is first class. How big is your boat? I booked my spot not ago.

I like to stay at a B&B: mine is at least half the cost of the Quarterdeck and just minutes away, I get breakfeast before the sun is up, and I leave the boat trailer there too. There are lots of B&B's to choose from but if you're interested to know the place where I stay, just send me an e-mail.

Hope this help.

Thanks for your replies. Very helpful.
I had made the usumption that since the hotel is booked solid for July and August, that the moorage was as well. I'll call up there and get the real scoop.
Unfortunatly, my partner has had some back sugery in the past and camping is out of the question but I've saved your comments 'concerned angler' regarding camping options for possible future trips with my regular fishing partners.

Back