Rescue off Port Hardy

binnacle.com has the ACR hemilight3 PFD lights on sale for 22$. I just bought 4. this post made me wonder about the two old ones that are tucked away on a mustang inflatable pfd, if they're expired or even working?@?!
View attachment 102120
I was looking at those. On most inflatable PFD I figured those would have to be folded inside the PFD in order to be visible when the thing inflates. The lights have an automatic on function, I assume to be controlled by water bridging the contacts visible on the front of the light. That has me wondering if the lights would get triggered killing the batteries inside a wet PFD with the wet fabric bridging the contacts, from rain, spray etc. Those would be great for foam PFD's or anywhere they a could be mounted on the outside of gear.

I have two of the older style mounted to the air bladder and then folded up inside. ill have to check on them and report back

I was looking at those. On most inflatable PFD I figured those would have to be folded inside the PFD in order to be visible when the thing inflates. The lights have an automatic on function, I assume to be controlled by water bridging the contacts visible on the front of the light. That has me wondering if the lights would get triggered killing the batteries inside a wet PFD with the wet fabric bridging the contacts, from rain, spray etc. Those would be great for foam PFD's or anywhere they a could be mounted on the outside of gear.
On some of those devices water activates the battery and creates the electricity somehow. Not sure how many times they can be triggered or for how long. Wouldn't think they should be too sensitive to moisture when expected to live in a marine environment.

On some of those devices water activates the battery and creates the electricity somehow. Not sure how many times they can be triggered or for how long. Wouldn't think they should be too sensitive to moisture when expected to live in a marine environment.
at $22 each they are almost disposable after use..

binnacle.com has the ACR hemilight3 PFD lights on sale for 22$. I just bought 4. this post made me wonder about the two old ones that are tucked away on a mustang inflatable pfd, if they're expired or even working?@?!
View attachment 102120

I also bought 4 lights and another of their excellent large chart cases .

https://ca.binnacle.com/Charts-and-...I-Vinyl-Zip-Lock-Chart-Case/product_info.html

Buying the chart case put my cost over $100.00 and gave free shipping

Back