Pipe jigs

Ruff

I've been messing around building some jigs for the upcoming season and figured I'd show off the finished product.
1491592962854132330488.jpg 1491593145600694105427.jpg
Second image ended up upside down but you get the idea.

They look good, curious why the squid comes off the side of the pipe and not the top?

They look good, curious why the squid comes off the side of the pipe and not the top?
It makes it less likely to wrap your hook around the leader.

Thanks for posting, lots of guys swear by the lead and copper pipe jig combo. I've always wanted to make my own. Another one of those retirement projects that I've always planned on doing.

Last edited:
Did you paint or plasti dip the white jig. Let us know how the coated one fishes compared to the others. Lots of guys claim it's the electric current generated by the lead & copper that makes them work so well. Many say not to coat them because it dampens the electric field. I couldn't say, one way or another. Let us know. I love lead and big hoochies. Add some bait and there's no deadlier combo IMO.

Did you paint or plasti dip the white jig. Let us know how the coated one fishes compared to the others. Lots of guys claim it's the electric current generated by the lead & copper that makes them work so well. Many say not to coat them because it dampens the electric field. I couldn't say, one way or another. Let us know. I love lead and big hoochies. Add some bait and there's no deadlier combo IMO.
I plasti-dipped the coated ones and then used some glow paint while it was still wet. They haven't touched the water yet but will fish one coated and one bare rig side by side and let you know which one produces better. Curious about it myself.

When I use to park my stuff in Hardy I met one guy camped across from me who was huge on pipe jigs . I always wanted to make some and try but never got around to it. Back in oh 2008 I introduced myself to mullets . Long story short buddy who loved his home made pipe jigs hasn't used one in 5 years lol.

Back