Gear purge

Sr SQ

Ok lads, since my surgery and not being able to really do anything for a few weeks I have been wandering around the basement sorting out the ridiculous amount of fishing stuff I have accumulated over the last 40+ years.
I have come to the realization I won't be doing much tidal fishing anymore so Im going to slowly post up some of the stuff.
Not looking to get retail prices, really want to see it get used....... due to the forum rules I have to post up prices but really don't know what's fair so if you see something you need let me know what you think is fair. All the items are new or good condition, or proven lol
I am keeping the Plano boxes for other projects so you will need your own containers
Plugs - sold
Buzz bombs -$75
Halli jigs - $50
Bucktails - $50IMG_1966.jpg

Still to come flashers/lures etc

Last edited:
Ok lads, since my surgery and not being able to really do anything for a few weeks I have been wandering around the basement sorting out the ridiculous amount of fishing stuff I have accumulated over the last 40+ years.
I have come to the realization I won't be doing much tidal fishing anymore so Im going to slowly post up some of the stuff.
Not looking to get retail prices, really want to see it get used....... due to the forum rules I have to post up prices but really don't know what's fair so if you see something you need let me know what you think is fair. All the items are new or good condition, or proven lol
I am keeping the Plano boxes for other projects so you will need your own containers
Plugs - box of 7"/ box misc size and box of Pouge and Brads - $150
Buzz bombs -$75
Halli jigs - $50
Bucktails - $50View attachment 98575

Still to come flashers/lures etc
You probably shouldn't be standing on a stool after a surgery LOL

Looks like one of your hobbies is pin pulling.
Yep, Im a believer.......after many years of side by side tests there's no doubt in my mind
Pulling the pins makes a plug that catches, catch more and a dud actually catch
KMay I will send you a pm

Last edited:
Yep, Im a believer.......after many years of side by side tests there's no doubt in my mind
Pulling the pins makes a plug that catches, catch more and a dud actually catch
KMay I will send you a pm
Have you ever pulled the pin on a tubby? Or just the regular versions?

I've pulled them on all types and sizes. Just make sure that you plug any holes that could let any water in.
I prefer the action over tying knots, less fuss re-tying knots or having them move on the tow bar affecting the action. Plus the fact that if your line breaks you can retrieve your plug is a great bonus!

What I do is cut the tops off both sides of the pin and just pull the one that I run the line through (the highest of the 2 holes) and I leave the bottom portion of the pin in (just trim/file it down) to keep that part watertight.

Have you ever pulled the pin on a tubby? Or just the regular versions?
Not that you were asking me… :) but we only fish tubbys and pull the pins on all of them. So far none have leaked and must have pulled the pins on over 40 between my fishing buddy and me.

Not that you were asking me… :) but we only fish tubbys and pull the pins on all of them. So far none have leaked and must have pulled the pins on over 40 between my fishing buddy and me.
Do you feel you need to pull the pins to get that extra erratic action though? The broad face of the tubby already makes them dance better than a regular tomic.

Do you feel you need to pull the pins to get that extra erratic action though? The broad face of the tubby already makes them dance better than a regular tomic.
I think it’s easier to fish them, (you don’t have to adjust your knot at the top of the usual connection point. If you break them off you have a chance of getting them back. And with tubbys you can fish them slower, so they can be fished with spoons etc more effectively.
They have the same action always when the pin is pulled. It doesn’t depend how the plug is tied on.
I think they move a little easier in the water, the plug doesn’t have to turn the mono each time it wobbles, it rotates freely around the hole where the mono goes thru.

It’s just habit now. Maybe they don’t fish significantly better than a well tied plug with the pin still in - but it’s what you have confidence in.
The bigger problem is the shortage of plugs in the shops. Tomic have problems getting the skilled labour to paint them these last few years.
Sorry for derail…

Last edited:
Poor guy tryna sell stuff and it’s turned into a pin pulling derail….so i’ll chime in 😂

when you first clip or cut the pin, the trick is to SLLOOWWLY turn the portion to be removed and file off the burr on the cut portion before you pull it thru the body of the plug. this will stop that hole from being all gnarly and scarred up from the trauma and allow the line to ride within and not get all nicked up.

some plugs just fish better with the pins pulled.
I use the red tubes from wd 40 cans as a sleeve to protect your monofilament line as the plug slides over it
Good tip. Similarly, I bought those fly fishing tubes for my single hook hoochie leaders that chinook teeth were breaking, I will try them on my Tomics when I pull a few more pins.

Back