Might Be Looking For a Change

This is us after frying and serving 650 pieces of chicken plus sides a few years back. Just us two. View attachment 102073
You've probably already covered this at some point in the thread, but why not start a chicken food truck?
Rain City's Juicy Chicken Breasts. You can't milk them, but you can put them in your mouth.
But seriously, it looks like you do a great job on the fryer.

You've probably already covered this at some point in the thread, but why not start a chicken food truck?
Rain City's Juicy Chicken Breasts. You can't milk them, but you can put them in your mouth.
But seriously, it looks like you do a great job on the fryer.
I can confidently say that I make the best fried chicken in the city. But that fad has run it's course. There are way too many places out there now. And after a day or two of frying THAT much chicken, you begin to hate everything about it. I quickly realized that it's probably similar to guiding. It would ruin what fun I do have doing it for friends and family.

I'm pretty sure the construction industry is going to be very steady for the next 30 years. Guys are retiring all over the place. Stick to it. Give up on the premium end work. Focus on the normal people. I made that jump in 2020. I used to work for the rich and entitled. Now I work for parents at my kids elementary school and their friends. I make more money, less headaches, no crazy contracts, I can fish more.

I can confidently say that I make the best fried chicken in the city. But that fad has run it's course. There are way too many places out there now. And after a day or two of frying THAT much chicken, you begin to hate everything about it. I quickly realized that it's probably similar to guiding. It would ruin what fun I do have doing it for friends and family.
My buddy is an avid hunter and said recently, if you want to ruin hunting, become a guide and if you want to ruin guiding, become an outfitter. Being happy at what you do is one of the most important things.

My buddy is an avid hunter and said recently, if you want to ruin hunting, become a guide and if you want to ruin guiding, become an outfitter. Being happy at what you do is one of the most important things.
One of my motorcycle friends said the same thing. It ruined his love for the sport once he started working at a dealership.

I think all jobs come with a life expectancy.....

Auto industry seems to go through a 10-15 year cycle.

Loved my job, industry did a few twists (along with one or two bad decisions) and the what was usual with 25 years of work life is heading to 45 years soon.

Thinking our industry will be tubing for quite awhile as too many people wanted the 100+ trucks, specials vehicles etc and now the market is seeing prices drop....who will be the loser?? :oops:

300cad is about 214 usd. Not many aluminums with dual engines in that range. Should sell if someone is thinking about making the jump. To get on YachtWorld you need a broker, there is a guy in the gulf islands offering “free” brokerage service but you have all the sites covered. I’d add a video and throw it in the Facebook groups.

I think all jobs come with a life expectancy.....

Auto industry seems to go through a 10-15 year cycle.

Loved my job, industry did a few twists (along with one or two bad decisions) and the what was usual with 25 years of work life is heading to 45 years soon.

Thinking our industry will be tubing for quite awhile as too many people wanted the 100+ trucks, specials vehicles etc and now the market is seeing prices drop....who will be the loser?? :oops:
I agree. I’ve changed careers about every 10 years since I finished school. until I took up welding. 57 now and changing up again after doing that from 2007-2019.

Back