Outboard swivel grease point

prodjsaig

I have a question about the swivel grease location when I put grease in I see grease coming out of the top of the joint but no grease coming out of the bottom. This is the left and right swivel joint on a 150 outboard. I can see its got some lubrication (slick looking) and signs of some old grease. Should great be squirting out the bottom or possibly I have hardened grease in there? Have a propane torch was going to heat it up to 50C and see but im not sure.

Depending on if there is load on the pin and bushing when you grease it
The grease will flow to the path of least resistance
I wouldn't worry about it since you are getting grease in and out

Can always have some one move your steering and grease it at the same time in different positions on your tilt
Just watch your fingers and have some good communication

Depending on if there is load on the pin and bushing when you grease it
The grease will flow to the path of least resistance
I wouldn't worry about it since you are getting grease in and out

Can always have some one move your steering and grease it at the same time in different positions on your tilt
Just watch your fingers and have some good communication

I was watching some video clips and one guys were saying as long as you see grease at the top and then some other guy said look for grease at the bottom only.

The real answer is grease at both the top and bottom like you are saying. good to know that it wont have trapped water is there Ill try to get heat on it and someone to move it. Ill have to take another look at it and come back here with results.

Thank man

I was watching some video clips and one guys were saying as long as you see grease at the top and then some other guy said look for grease at the bottom only.

The real answer is grease at both the top and bottom like you are saying. good to know that it wont have trapped water is there Ill try to get heat on it and someone to move it. Ill have to take another look at it and come back here with results.

Thank man
Carefully with heat, could have nylon washers in there and rubber seals.

Thank man
I have lowered the trailer jack wheel and then trimmed the motor all the way down. Then raise the trailer jack wheel until the skeg touches and pushes the motor up just enough to take the load off the joint. Then apply grease and get grease flowing out of both ends..

I have lowered the trailer jack wheel and then trimmed the motor all the way down. Then raise the trailer jack wheel until the skeg touches and pushes the motor up just enough to take the load off the joint. Then apply grease and get grease flowing out of both ends..
this is brilliant. makes perfect sense.

Back