Outboard pod/brackets

salmonkiller01

I am starting to work on my winter project list for my 20 Hourston. Right from the day I bought it a pod and outboard were in the plans. I am looking for a pod builder and prices and was wondering if some of the guys here who have done the job can give me a heads up on what the pod cost them. I have talked to the guy advertising on used Victoria and am wondering if anyone used his services?

Try contacting Larry at DSS welding in Duncan. He built a pod for my Malibu last year. He was easy to deal with and did a great job. I think he said he built a few pods for some guides running Hourstons in Renfrew so he will be familiar with what you need. As far as cost you will probably be looking at 2,500-3,500 depending on if you get it powder coated or not.

If your on the island try whiskey creek, mainland try ironwood boats. Expect to pay 1850 to 2250 on the island. Ironwood quoted me a bit cheaper than that but was too busy to take the job at the time for me. You had better get on the phone quick because everyone I talked to was backed up big time. Prodigy marine told me 18 month wait lol. Kiss my sweet butt with that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try contacting Larry at DSS welding in Duncan. He built a pod for my Malibu last year. He was easy to deal with and did a great job. I think he said he built a few pods for some guides running Hourstons in Renfrew so he will be familiar with what you need. As far as cost you will probably be looking at 2,500-3,500 depending on if you get it powder coated or not.

Second that.... good guy..

20 Hourston what should I look for to power it? I was thinking a 200 verado 4 stroke or 175hp opti or etec? I do know where I can get a great deal on a 275 verado but its a little overkill!

Get a good hydraulic steering system;don't compromise with cheap SeaStar crap. ;(
Love your builds; you're Hourston is a classic.
Enjoy!

I was just about to order my pod thru Armstrong Nautical , but was advised to look at Fiber Pro, they make fiber glass pods. I checked them out and the owner seems to know his stuff. Anyone know anything of Fiber pro in Campbell river?

Back