Got an old boat to sell.

I have an old 85 Sea Ox. cuddy cabin. Have not had time to keep it up and running the last few years. It is the old I/O volvo penta drive. Rebuilt 350. decent kicker. needs new batteries and starter and some TLC to get it running. Trailer is great. New wiring, axels, rims, and tires on a decent old galvenized EZ loader trailer. seems like a good old boat to throw a newer outboard on. Just curious what the market is for something like this. I Don't have the time to put in to get it running and need the room so it has to go. I am in the Okanagan. Just curious where some good places to list it? I was hoping to one day put a pod with outboard and a roof on the old girl but it's not in the cards anymore.

craigslist, Facebook market place, and used.ca
an old boat needing a few thousand $ just to attempt to start it will scare 90% of the buyers away. even throwing an outboard on it is a 5000$ venture (plus motor). might be better selling for the value of the trailer. or you should put in the effort to getting a new battery and a starter to sell something that runs and can be test driven.

can you post some picts? what length/model boat?

Advertise the trailer, comes with a free boat!

List it on Facebook marketplace and craigslist, possibly kijiji as well.

Market is not great for boats that need work. If it doesn't have a top, I personally think a boat is worth close to it's break up value. Kicker $900, trailer $900-$1400 single axle $1,800 to 3,200 dual axle,

Maybe $4500 would my make it up guess based on a google of Sea Ox. cuddy cabin.

Back