Opinions on what my Seasport Skipper is worth

MRWood

I know a lot of you guys are pretty good at pricing out boats. With the market being what it is I'm starting to think about selling my boat. Please let me know what you think it's worth.
The boat is a 1992 Seasport Skipper 19 with a 4.3L V6, 190HP, 1420 hours, Volvo DP (duoprop) leg. A number of years ago I redid the stringers and deck and cabin floor and bulk heads. Everything is very solid. Motor has been running strong and doesn't seem to want to give in yet. Has a 1999 Yami 9.9 kicker with TR1 autopilot. Interior is good and has a full cuddy. Also has a Calkins trailer, single axel, with new roller accessories. I know it's not a Double Eagle but it should be worth something lol. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_3393.JPG

Last edited:
In today’s market who knows... I would think more like $17-20k but hey why not start high! Just in case anyone’s looking for a 26’ podded Houston with very low hour motor mine is available for $120,000
I know it seems high. I know of one last year but outboard model with two fairly new Suzuki’s that was listed for around $49,000. I don’t know what it sold for. It had autopilot, radar, and the full cabin.
This ones diesel hours might not be anything of concern. And when you see the DE’s and Hourstons out there with old two strokes and no hard top but listed for $20k, it’s hard to judge what price should be haha

I know it seems high. I know of one last year but outboard model with two fairly new Suzuki’s that was listed for around $49,000. I don’t know what it sold for. It had autopilot, radar, and the full cabin.
This ones diesel hours might not be anything of concern. And when you see the DE’s and Hourstons out there with old two strokes and no hard top but listed for $20k, it’s hard to judge what price should be haha

I don’t think this ones diesel though? High hour inboard and 1999 kicker.

The motor is a v6 gas motor not a diesel.
In my opinion this is a different level boat than the run of the mill DE’s and Hourston in the 18-20’ class. It’s a big boat in a shorter length if that makes any sense. I was guessing $25k give or take. I’m not sure how many hours I can get out of this motor but it doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of weakness.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone’s looking for a 26’ podded Hourston with very low hour motor mine is available for $120,000
Everything of mine is for sale as well at a price .
I’d sure like to take ride in the Hourston to see what it’s like. Most of us are always in our own boats and don’t get to experience other boats.

The motor is a v6 gas motor not a diesel.
In my opinion this is a different level boat than the run of the mill DE’s and Hourston in the 18-20’ class. It’s a big boat in a shorter length if that makes any sense. I was guessing $25k give or take. I’m not sure how many hours I can get out of this motor but it doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of weakness.
I think your in the ballpark at $25K,depending on overall condition.I've always thought they (Skippers) would be great with a pod.

Everything of mine is for sale as well at a price .
I’d sure like to take ride in the Hourston to see what it’s like. Most of us are always in our own boats and don’t get to experience other boats.

I’m sure a boat ride can be arranged as long as there’s time to fish a bit too!

That's a cool little boat. When I first read your post I was thinking in the $25-27,500 range
Thank you. I've had this boat now for 11 years and it hasn't let me down out on the water. It takes the rough weather like a champ and is a very dry boat. The only real downside to the boat is that it gets a little crowded with 4 people. The only reason I'd sell it is to get something bigger so my wife and I could weekend on the boat in comfort. Like most gals she's not big on roughing it lol.

Any pics of the cockpit and interior? It looks like the perfect boat for 1 or 2 people fishing around Vancouver or South Vancouver Island.

I would price it in the low to mid 20's. Radar and rod holders look nice. Dual power is great with autopilot. Only downside is 1/2 of people are against inboards.

Tough to say, is the hull/fiberglass in mint condition? Interior? Rewiring? Not sure about the full Cuddy, older Seasport 22's are pretty small cuddies if you are over 6 feet.

Great time to sell a brand name boat.

I would price it in the low to mid 20's. Radar and rod holders look nice. Dual power is great with autopilot. Only downside is 1/2 of people are against inboards.

Tough to say, is the hull/fiberglass in mint condition? Interior? Rewiring? Not sure about the full Cuddy, older Seasport 22's are pretty small cuddies if you are over 6 feet.

Great time to sell a brand name boat.
I was hoping Kaelc was going to comment as you seem to be on the market. Just need the Stizz to speak up and mention I could use a little more power ;).
I'd say the hull is not mint but it is pretty darn good for it's age. Would call it above average, has a few scratches but nothing bad. Wiring is good or at least I haven't had any issues. The cuddy is the same as the 22's. I'm 6'3" and can sleep width wise in it with no issue. Can also stand up in the cabin although it does mess the hair a little lol.
Speaking of rod holders here's a few pics after I installed them. Tough to post pics right now as the site seems to be very slow. Will post later.

I like the hull! Good looking and nice size.
190 is lots of power. Mind you, I don’t know how inboard board power compares to outboard power.

Back