OK Now its time for Suzuki

200 hr oil now
Is that a new official Suzuki recommendation?
Everything I can find says 100 hours and I usually change it sooner as it turns red with fuel diluting it.

I’m running for last 4 years Yamaha 225XCA with 4 blades prop on the some boat like you have. 2009 Striper 2101WA
I guarantee you will love it some like I do. 150hp way underpowered, 200hp - good but 225hp is what this boat needs

No use going any further with Suzuki , representation is pathetic when it comes to Richmond. So thanks for everyones input and it's time to do it , just not with Zuki

I can smell a Yamaha is on your plan if you’re looking that close to home....

while finding a dealer close to home is nice...I would rather deal with an honest amd reputable dealer...nothing worse than having a double whammy....motor issues and a dealer who doesnt have competant mechanics or a dishonest or greedy dealer.

my vote is for Merc. Their new motors are reliable and parts are more reasonable amd easy to find and order as compared to the competition.

I got them mainly because of nearby dealers but also because of price and reviews . It’s hard to find anyone say a negative thing anywhere online about the 200hp Suzuki’s. I believe they swing larger props as well. I’ve heard the Yamaha 200s were considered “weak” . Not sure if this is because they are weak or if it’s just because the Yamaha 150s are a strong 150s so it narrows the gap between the two.
I can smell a Yamaha is on your plan if you’re looking that close to home....
A few stories of Yami 200hp heartbreak on here. Watching closely as my max power is 200hp and I want to upgrade an extra 50 ponies in the next few years. Let us know what you decide on. https://www.facebook.com/groups/168568017065232/permalink/782388405683187

Personally see the 8L of oil as a pro not a con, the filter location is a non issue if the boats on a trailer takes all of 5 min to remove that piece of cowling. I do the leg oil and my kicker service at the same time once the boats out just did them both $200 taxes in with the Suzuki oil. After paying $150/10L for optimax oil before that feels like peanuts... the extra oil in my mind takes longer to break down between changes and will likely lead to more trouble free hours down the road a fair trade off imo

Is that a new official Suzuki recommendation?
Everything I can find says 100 hours and I usually change it sooner as it turns red with fuel diluting it.
do you have a thermostat issue? if the motor runs too cold this making oil issue can result. i had my thermostat changed to a higher temp and problem solved.

do you have a thermostat issue? if the motor runs too cold this making oil issue can result. i had my thermostat changed to a higher temp and problem solved.
Good point TW, I will ask Breakers about whether it could be the thermostat. I had serious making oil issues with my Yamaha that were solved with a Suzuki thermostat. Guess I just figured that since this is a Suzuki outboard, changing the thermostat would not work this time.

Back